PDA

View Full Version : My new exhaust :(

GalantGirl
08-22-2002, 08:27 PM
Damn! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just can't win! Today my husband too me to work, saying that he wanted to wash the car....and he comes to pick me up with this loud muffler. I mean it's not loud....it just sounds "mean". Is it supposed to sound like that?

When you hear someone who has a "mean" sounding exhaust....what do you think??????

~Erin :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Censee
08-22-2002, 08:29 PM
um,why dont u like the sound???wat brand is it????

GalantGirl
08-22-2002, 08:33 PM
I asked my husband and he said that he got it at the Advance Auto Part Store. He said he "doesn't know" what brand it is. Isn't that terrible?

Censee
08-22-2002, 08:35 PM
im sure u can tell if its a nasty sound,dont sweat it,aftermarket mufflers make more noise than oem.but does it sound deep and throaty or does it sound high,like a bumble bee??

GalantGirl
08-22-2002, 08:39 PM
Deep and very throaty!

When you see someone on the road with a muffler like this what do you think?

Censee
08-22-2002, 08:45 PM
i know mine sounds deep,i like that sound.i know alot of people like deep sounding mufflers and thats the sound they go for.so im thinking ure ok.im not trying to stomp or put down civics,but most,if not all of em sound high- buzz,and to me that bumble bee noise is nasty.i like hearing a deep sounding muffler,and it sounds good to me.i would definately take mine off if it sounded like a freaking weedwacker

pinoyesv6
08-22-2002, 08:50 PM
yea aftermarket mufflers are supposed to be louder than stock. some people actually like the sound. i personally like the deep and throaty sound. what kind of sound were u looking for?

GalantGirl
08-22-2002, 08:58 PM
I didn't want a new exhaust...it was fine the way it was. I am unhappy that he changed it. Now my baby is noisy, and I don't want to be annoying to other drivers on the road...hell..what if I get pulled over for some kind of noise ordinance or something.

Censee
08-22-2002, 09:19 PM
naw,i dont think it will be a problem.unless u are pissing a cop off on purpose.well wat did ure husband tell u???was he suprising u??? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif poor guy,maybe he just should of taken u to dinner or something https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

EconoPwr
08-23-2002, 01:03 AM
I love the deep growling muffs. Cant stand the "angry wasp" sound half of these cali imports have. But, its always up to you how you want your car.

as a side note, i was on the reciving end of the "WHY!?" from my wife. Only thing is, the new muffs on the monte AREN'T loud enough for her :shock: ...im leavin the mods on the galant to her...and i took her out to dinner to make amends anyways...

TJC
08-23-2002, 01:09 AM
Deep and very throaty!

When you see someone on the road with a muffler like this what do you think?

Perfect! I love that sound! As long as the exhaust doesn't sound raspy or an obnoxious high pitch ricey sound.

VTGalantGTZ
08-23-2002, 11:18 AM
To me it sounds like your husband has good intentions, but ended up getting you a muffler without doing any research (I personally wouldn't just walk into advanced auto parts and buy a muffler, any muffler, without already knowing what I was getting), or asking you what kind of sound you really liked (whatever it might be, i.e., raspy, deep, or stock). And this combined with the bad scratches on your headlights...

Is he a member here? If not definitely hook him up with this site and he can read up on Galant mods before surprising you anymore. Good luck with the new muffler.

BlueESV6
08-23-2002, 01:35 PM
Husbands are like that.. they think they are doing you a favor... only to mess it up. I would have asked first... sounds like you may want to talk to a muffler place and get what you want since you have to drive the car... not him. He'll learn... just give him some time!

I prefer quiet until I need the power then open it up. Loud and going 20mph is silly!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

my2cents