PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this before?

El NiƱo
03-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Check the provided link, is the engine being mutated our 4G64?

www.carotica.com ('http://www.carotica.com')

WiseCat_03GTZ
03-28-2003, 11:53 AM
The link doesn't work.

Fishboy55
03-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Fixed the link. Off the main page, go to Project 4g64. To answer your question, Yea it's the same 4g64 as ours. Several guys on club 3g are looking into or have done the DOHC head swap, which is what the article is about. Also, RRE has additional info on what is involved in doing the swap. Old news...

HeadAche
03-28-2003, 05:43 PM
Fixed the link. Off the main page, go to Project 4g64. To answer your question, Yea it's the same 4g64 as ours. Several guys on club 3g are looking into or have done the DOHC head swap, which is what the article is about. Also, RRE has additional info on what is involved in doing the swap. Old news...

I heard about this swap like a year ago, wish i knew someone who already has done it 2 see how the motor actually holds up..

RedGalant2k1
03-29-2003, 12:02 AM

same motor different rotation, notice where the timing chain is and where the radiator hose is...that particular motor would fit well in a 6G or 7G Galant but not a 8G Galant at all.

Fishboy55
03-29-2003, 08:49 AM

same motor different rotation, notice where the timing chain is and where the radiator hose is...that particular motor would fit well in a 6G or 7G Galant but not a 8G Galant at all.
Yea Thanks Dave, I had forgotten about the reverse rotation. It's been a while since this was discussed. But yea, you're absolutely right. 180 degrees out of phase for the 8G.