PDA

View Full Version : Problems Posting

ohu812
06-04-2011, 12:31 PM
I went through the rules and I understand the viewing and posting for the "for sale" section, but I could not find anything in regards to posting in the miscellaneous area or other parts of the forum that I am blocked from.

I wanted to reply to "post a pic as your car sits now" or " your favorite pic of your car! for the '11 tgc video"

but I keep getting blocked. It's hard to get 50 posts, if areas that are relevant to a reply from me are being blocked. I am not a person just to randomly post just to get my count up.

thanks in advance :003:

Prophet
06-04-2011, 01:44 PM
In that section you are only allowed to create your own thread and reply to it... Any other threads in that section you won't be able to reply too.

The reason for this isn't specifically for you but it wouldn't be hard for someone trying to circumvent the For Sale rule section by going through those threads in the picture section and just post a bunch of... "Nice Car" replies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause I'm awesome like that...

ohu812
06-04-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't mean to be rude, I am just trying to understand. So in no way take this as a negative. please..

So if I understand it correctly, the whole bottom part of the forum is off limits until I hit the requirements of the for sale area, even though the miscellaneous area is not in the for sale area??? In the forum rules it does not say anything about posting requirements for the miscellaneous section, which is separate from the Marketplace section. Is this a glitch or an "unwritten rule"

* The Marketplace section of the forum is for contributing members of the site. In order to sell or buy anything in the Marketplace you must have at least 50 contributing posts and have been a member for 30 days. All "For Sale" threads must be posted in the Marketplace only, all other threads will be deleted.

I am in no way a newbie to forums, I have been a moderator on other forums, so I completely understand there are written rules. I do also understand that I am a Newbie here, but I just want to make sure I can use this forum to its full potential.

I am here to gain info, ideas, and possibly meet some new aquaintences. Not to make trouble or slander people.

Thanks

Prophet
06-04-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't mean to be rude, I am just trying to understand. So in no way take this as a negative. please..

Asking a question is not being rude...

So if I understand it correctly, the whole bottom part of the forum is off limits until I hit the requirements of the for sale area, even though the miscellaneous area is not in the for sale area???

No not completely off limits... You are allowed to post your own thread and reply to you own thread but you can not respond to any other thread. Of course each forum in the misc. Section also has there own individual permissions which might also differ from this.

In the forum rules it does not say anything about posting requirements for the miscellaneous section, which is separate from the Marketplace section. Is this a glitch or an "unwritten rule"

* The Marketplace section of the forum is for contributing members of the site. In order to sell or buy anything in the Marketplace you must have at least 50 contributing posts and have been a member for 30 days. All "For Sale" threads must be posted in the Marketplace only, all other threads will be deleted.

This rule is specific to the For Sale section. It is not for the Misc. Section. In any forum there are certain section that one usergroup might have different permissions then the next usergroup. If a user does not have permission to access a certain forum the system will deny and warm them they do not have permission to do something...

I am in no way a newbie to forums, I have been a moderator on other forums, so I completely understand there are written rules. I do also understand that I am a Newbie here, but I just want to make sure I can use this forum to its full potential.

I am here to gain info, ideas, and possibly meet some new aquaintences. Not to make trouble or slander people.

Thanks

Good... That is how all users should be... As a mod on another forum you should also be aware how forom software works...

Welcome to TGC and if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask... Where all here to help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause I'm awesome like that...