PDA

View Full Version : 97-01 Mirage mirrors...will fit 8G

G-spot
06-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Too bad the junkyard I was at wouldn't let me bring in a camera....

My everlasting quest to find parts fitting the 8g has led me to another discovery. A discovery that I've been neglecting for over 4 years from speculation with no action/proof. Well, today my speculation as finally been realised: Late model Mitsubishi Mirage (97-02) 4dr/coupe folding mirrors has better fitment than Accord CD5 mirrors! This is not much different from the Accord mirrors. For those not familar with this platform this is what it looks like:
http://yakmee.com/images/main/sample/mitsubishi/mirage/1995_sedan_4d/mitsubishi_mirage_1995_sedan_4d_965b.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKpEE25br81Y0BNzwS901Q!~~0_12.JPG
here's what it looks when painted
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKo8E1qi0HjCLBNoRMwDtBQ~~_12.JPG

The beautiful part about this mirror is that base part where it attaches to the door are made out of the same rough plastic you'd see on the 8G JDM folding mirrors. The mirrors comes in 2 forms: the 4 door and the coupe model. Both are very similar in appearance excpt the coupe's mirror base is rounded off on the top corner. Also they either come in manual or electric so if you are 'lectric savvy, you can do your own wirings .

The only real con about this is the installation where it's similar to how the CD5 mirrors are installed (see tutorial). Just drill holes and insert the scresws. Other than that, it's a near clean install to whoever wants it. The junkyard I was at sells it for $10.75 per mirror (manual version) and $21.00 each for the electric version. It's a decent price considering the strain we face in the economy. I will find a donor car who would love to get a mod like this done to their car with full pics and installs.

o1naturalhigh
06-08-2011, 04:34 PM
is this the same years that the glass can be replaced for the jdm folding mirrors?

QnzMostWanted
06-08-2011, 06:44 PM
yeah, i knew this for years, i actually used the mirrors on my silver 8g before i switched to JDM, the glasses are interchangeable but u have to swap out the backing plates from the glass to fit the JDM mirrors

9G
06-08-2011, 07:08 PM
cool

Skyforger
06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
How close are the bolts on these mirrors to the existing holes on the 8G's door? VERY interested in this for the next project...

G-spot
06-08-2011, 11:09 PM
How close are the bolts on these mirrors to the existing holes on the 8G's door? VERY interested in this for the next project...
They are few mm from the holes, spaced enough to drill through

Skyforger
06-09-2011, 05:30 AM
They are few mm from the holes, spaced enough to drill through

That's no biggie...what about the wires? This is a Mitsu part, but I'm probably guessing the existing plugs aren't gonna work.

Fresh_617
06-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Power folding?

OMEGA PHX
06-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Power folding?

Power yeah, folding with your hands

G-spot
06-09-2011, 06:23 PM
That's no biggie...what about the wires? This is a Mitsu part, but I'm probably guessing the existing plugs aren't gonna work.
Just the basic cut, splice, and connect will work fine :orangecool:

Da_Prodigy
06-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Guess ill start looking for some mirrage mirrors here in da jy.

Skyforger
06-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Just the basic cut, splice, and connect will work fine :orangecool:

Thank you, sir. Also...what fits best, coupe or sedan? Sorry to be a pain, just trying to cover all the bases before I make the purchase.

mtgraves2005
06-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Cool, I will look into getting some. So, the wire setup is the same (Mirage wire setup to Galant setup)? If so cool. Will you be getting a wiring diagram put together (like for the CD5 mirrors) for this part? Still great find...

G-spot
06-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Thank you, sir. Also...what fits best, coupe or sedan? Sorry to be a pain, just trying to cover all the bases before I make the purchase.
Sedan is what pictured above, the coupe looks slightly different but still the same shape.

Cool, I will look into getting some. So, the wire setup is the same (Mirage wire setup to Galant setup)? If so cool. Will you be getting a wiring diagram put together (like for the CD5 mirrors) for this part? Still great find...
From what I remembered and from working on ADexternal's G there were 3 wires from the CD5 mirrors (ground, and 2 power wires). There should be 3 wires on the Mirage mirrors as well.

mtgraves2005
06-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Sedan is what pictured above, the coupe looks slightly different but still the same shape.

From what I remembered and from working on ADexternal's G there were 3 wires from the CD5 mirrors (ground, and 2 power wires). There should be 3 wires on the Mirage mirrors as well.
Cool, thanks G-spot. If you find out anymore info, let us know....