View Full Version : Light Issue

8g831
06-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Thursday night as i was getting home i saw my passenger side light was out..I figured my hid light must've burned out or whatever..the left side works perfectly..anyways so i switch out my hid systerm turn it on and the same thing left works but right doesnt..so i checked the fuses,switched out all the fuses and still nothing..can anybody else think of something i should do?..also mr312504 that fuse always vibrates when i turn my lights on?.thanks in advance guys

wetamup2k3g
06-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Had this happen to me, it turns out it was my relay harness, because if I wiggled the wires coming out the relay, it would work. Right now mine is working, but I bought a new one just to be sure. Only thing I can think of, i know you didn't say if you were using one or not. Hope this helps.

beam514
06-18-2011, 07:07 PM
you say you switched the entire HID system, ie ballasts and bulbs?

jimmy_o2
06-18-2011, 11:21 PM

I think what he means is he switch over from HID back to stock. I would double check ur connections first then double check ur wires

Rach3T8G
06-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I've had this happen to me...i just wiggled the wires & it pops back on

8g831
06-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Had this happen to me, it turns out it was my relay harness, because if I wiggled the wires coming out the relay, it would work. Right now mine is working, but I bought a new one just to be sure. Only thing I can think of, i know you didn't say if you were using one or not. Hope this helps.

i dont have a harness i might actually have to get one

yeah i had an old xentec one lying around so i thought my ddm set fried but no

I've had this happen to me...i just wiggled the wires & it pops back on

gonna try this tomorrow thanks guys

beam514
06-19-2011, 01:24 AM
if your HID kit from DDM is similar to mine, then your right side ballast is depending on your left side ballast. My Passenger side ballast doesn't attached to the stock light harness from the passenger side; instead, it connects to a harness that goes back to the driver side harness as well.

8g831
06-20-2011, 03:48 AM
if your HID kit from DDM is similar to mine, then your right side ballast is depending on your left side ballast. My Passenger side ballast doesn't attached to the stock light harness from the passenger side; instead, it connects to a harness that goes back to the driver side harness as well.

huh?

beam514
06-20-2011, 04:00 AM
damn I don't know how to explain it.. imagine the pigtail for the stock bulb. Now imagine that you remove it and never use it. This is the case for my DDM kit. The passenger side ballast is dependent on the driver's side pigtail. So the right side being out only would mean something is up with the HID kit? but then again you swapped kits and it was the same.. so who knows. I dunno I'm tired lol

oakrdrs187
06-20-2011, 04:13 AM
It all really depends how your lights are connected. I understand what "Beam" is saying, however it does not have much to do with what the problems is. Like I said I don't know how your Lights were connected, so first things first, check....with a meter the harness the plus in to the left ballast.

You mention a part vibrated when lights came on. That part number is from a relay and if its buzzing that means its bad. Single click is normal but if it buzzes or vibrates then time to replace. Find out what that relay is for.

8g831
06-20-2011, 12:52 PM
i guess the relay is the fuel injector drive..yeah imma check my connections right now see if their connected right

oakrdrs187
06-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Don't just check too see if they are connected, get a meter or a test light and check for power and ground. Also make sure that your Bulb wires are good sometimes they get kinked one way or another and they are before at the wires and no the capsule failing to ignite the gas.

8g831
06-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Don't just check too see if they are connected, get a meter or a test light and check for power and ground. Also make sure that your Bulb wires are good sometimes they get kinked one way or another and they are before at the wires and no the capsule failing to ignite the gas.

thanks man will do appreciate it

8g831
07-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Update:Bought a relay harness,switched out the fuses,switch that relay fuse and still nothing,when i instaled the relay harness both lights dont turn on anymore..

oakrdrs187
07-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Where did you get the harness?

8g831
07-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Where did you get the harness?

ebay..i shoulda gone ddm

oakrdrs187
07-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Well it's possible that the trigger wires on the harness are not lined up to just plug in and go. First determine that your HID's work by tapping them directly to the battery. Secondly well I think you should post a pic of the harness you got or link where it can be found.

rez887
07-04-2011, 02:43 PM
My recent order from DDM came directly from china. So I dont think their wiring harness is any different from other ebay sellers.

But I believe DDM's ballasts are better than those ebay brands.

8g831
07-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Well it's possible that the trigger wires on the harness are not lined up to just plug in and go. First determine that your HID's work by tapping them directly to the battery. Secondly well I think you should post a pic of the harness you got or link where it can be found.

ur right the hids work because i switched bulbs and ballast from left to right and they both worked when on the drivers side..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360304730920&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

thats the link i will get a better pic of it later when im home

oakrdrs187
07-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Are you single beam hid?

8g831
07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
what u mean?..i didnt get the bi-xenon kit so i dont have highs