PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard lights burned out.

Rael
03-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Does anybody have the part numbers for the dashboard back lighting lights for the 99 GTZ?

Also: How difficult is it to remove the dashboard and replace said lights. Does anybody have a PDF of the dashboard parts list?

ALSO: I have a few cugarette burns in my roof and drivers visor from my mother. How can I repair these burns myself or how much do you think it would cost for a dealership to fix these burns?

ALSO: Anyone know where I can get a brushed aluminum or titanium replacment kit for the wood grain that's in there now? I don't want the stick on kits, I'd like replacment kits.

Rael.

TWISTED II
03-31-2003, 01:36 PM
if your talking about the bulbs behind your gauge cluster, they are 194's. all you do is start with the black part around your gauges that has the dimmer knob in it. there are 2 screws on top. once you get that loose, unplug the dimmer knob and remove it. then take out the 3 screws holding in your gauges. pull out the gaugues and unclip the harness on the left and right. then your gauges come out. on the back side you'll see all the bulbs, just grab and twist the ones you need to change, then put the new one in, twist and yuor done. i'm gonna feel pretty dumb if those weren't the lights you were talking about, but oh well, ha ha. next....if you go to any interior place, they can recarpet your headliner. or, go to an autoparts store and buy headliner material and try yourself. it sucks though. the trim pieces can be bought at any mitsu dealer. try don herring i believe.

pinoyesv6
03-31-2003, 02:44 PM
there are 4 brass colored screws that hold the cluster in. not 3. but yea be careful cuz you can lose them in your dash really easily. mine is only held in by two now i think. also, if they are all out. you might wanna see why they are out. maybe a blown fuse or something. guage bulbs don't all go out at the same time unless something wrong happened

Xavier22
03-31-2003, 02:48 PM
best bet when removing the four screws would be to take them out w/ magnetic phillips, so they dont fall

Rael
03-31-2003, 03:31 PM
Thank you, thank you.

Yea, the guage lights are the ones I'm talking about. 194, got it.

They all didn't go out at once. Apparently, behind your spedo you have two lights on each side. Left went out first, about a week later right goes out.

So I'm gonna buy four or five lights and swap em all out.

Now, I'll look for a re-apholstery auto place around here in Pontiac and see how much to get my burns fixed and maybe some new mats.

Thanks guys!

Rael.

My99GTZ
03-31-2003, 11:56 PM
Funny my left side light blew out today... I keep having problems with my left parking light too since I replaced the bulbs... ?????

jdeprima
04-25-2003, 02:48 PM
I have a 99 GTZ and the left side of my speedometer is out, too. 194 bulbs, thanks.

Rael
04-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Actually I went ahead and replaced mine with GE158 which are cooler burning bulbs. This worked perfectly.

Replacing the bulbs was A HELL of alot easier than I thought it would be too. Two screws up top, remove black panel and disconnect dimmer knob, remove four dash screws holding the instrument panel on, bring one side out and disconnect harness, do the same to the other side, and bam she's out. Took me 15 minutes I think?

Rael.

DJ Galant
06-13-2003, 02:08 PM
my right rpm bulb went off today - shit! Before i went off, i turned hyper white and this shit looked awesome. Now where can i buy hyper white bulbs 194s ?

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
06-13-2003, 06:30 PM
do those 194's come in colors and/or could i just color them wit a marker?

FinalLast
06-22-2003, 08:40 AM

FinalLast
06-22-2003, 08:48 AM

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/home-search...cfm?keyword=194 ('http://www.eautoworks.com/html/home-searchAction.cfm?keyword=194')

pinoyesv6
06-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Now where can i buy hyper white bulbs 194s ?

i got mine at a local auto parts store for 3 dollars.

FinalLast
06-23-2003, 07:09 PM
damn color ones are mad expensive...

luxcrusr2000
06-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Hey for the visors and headliner you could probably get those at a salvage yard or on EBay. I had a set that I got off there but I sold them to another TGC member. You could probably pull the headliner and mats off of a wrecked car. I'll keep an eye out.

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
06-24-2003, 06:16 PM
those colors got to be somewhere else for cheaper than 19.00 dollas +4.50 shipping

pinoyesv6
06-24-2003, 06:21 PM
those colors got to be somewhere else for cheaper than 19.00 dollas +4.50 shipping

colored 194's for 20 dollars? damn. autozone here gots em for liek 3 dollars a pair. or you can just get the plain white ones. autozone and walmart sells gel caps that will fit over the 194 bulbs and make them colored.