PDA

View Full Version : Steel braided brake lines???

ESdriver00
08-23-2002, 09:27 AM
Anybody know where I can find steel braided brake lines for our car? Also I was thinking of just getting large rotors in the front and regular ones in the back, what do y'all think? But the brake lines is what I really want.

mochanges
08-24-2002, 10:23 AM
The ones that Road Race Engineering has should fit the Galant. They had to redesign them because the previous one's did not fit. The ones on tirerack did not fit the galant.

-Mohammad

ESdriver00
08-24-2002, 11:08 AM
For a minute I thought no one was gonna answer me. Thanks.

pinoyesv6
08-26-2002, 02:01 PM
if you are doing the work i'd recommend some speed bleeders to help bleed the brakes and those special wrenches that u need for brake lines...

mochanges
08-26-2002, 02:37 PM
The wrenches you need are called flare wrenches.

-Mohammad

TomL
08-27-2002, 08:44 AM
http://www.nopionline.com ('http://www.nopionline.com') sells the Goodridge stainless steel brake line kits for our cars, the price is $110.23.

mochanges
08-27-2002, 03:15 PM
If these are the same that tirerak carries, they don't fit. At least they didn't when I bought them two months ago.

Just buy the RRE ones for 90 bucks.

-Mohammad

99DE AKA Corvette Killer
08-28-2002, 02:00 PM
The goodridge lines that Nopi sells are a direct bolt. In fact, I've completed the dreaded "DRUM TO DISC CONVERSION!!!!!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

It was actually very easy, and the most tedious part (and the most parts to obtain) is replacing all of the e-brake hardware. As soon as I'm able to upload the photos, I'll show you how it looks. Until then, take your time and mod your car well...there are many Corvettes waiting to eat I4 Galant dust. :twisted:

mochanges
08-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Really? Man they must have changed them. By the way, to correct my post, the RRE line are only $80.

-Mohammad

imgntht
08-30-2002, 07:42 PM
I ordered these for my '97 Eclipse from RRE and they are awesome. Definitely felt a difference. Now I just bought a set for the Galant as well because the pedal feel is like night and day between the two cars.

Question I have is are any of you using SpeedBleeders on your 8G GTZ's? This is a tremendous help when replacing the lines and bleeding brakes on the Eclipse. Just don't know what size I would need for the Galant. Anybody know? Car is a 2002 GTZ. Would like to pick up a set this weekend since the lines should be here soon. Thanks

Jason S.
Chicago, IL
'97 Eclipse GS-T
'02 Galant GTZ