PDA

View Full Version : Gauge needle

jmoney37
04-01-2003, 10:21 PM
After trying to fix bubbling on my indiglo gauges my temp. gauge doesnt move from COLD. I've tried unplugging the harnesses and plugging them back in but it still doesnt work. THe temp guage is the only one not moving so what should i do? I have an 8G.

pinoyesv6
04-01-2003, 10:28 PM
make sure its still not rubbing anywhere. that can stop it.

try to pull the needle out a lil...carefully. you gotta compensate for the thickeness of the overlays remember...

Jimbo
04-01-2003, 10:28 PM
ive had the exact same problem recently. It only happens every now and then but other times the temp gauge works. Its weird. I was going to try to unplug the harness and plug it back in but if that dosent work i dont know whta to do.

ChromeGalant
04-02-2003, 04:24 AM
Or take the needle off completly and then carefully put it back on.. my fuel guage took like 3 days before it started acting right again when I did my guages.

Xavier22
04-02-2003, 07:58 AM
be glad it wasn't your temp. guage and gas gauge since they're both next to each other!! - be gentle w/ that cluster, yo

jmoney37
04-02-2003, 01:23 PM
should i just move the needle up and down and make sure it moves freely or will that not do anything. Another option is taking off the indiglo and takin it to the dealer and tell them to fix it since the car is still under warranty. CUz i really dont wanna fuck that electrical shit, especially in the cluster.

Xavier22
04-02-2003, 01:26 PM
i really wouldn't try to fuck w/ it too much, yo, since its, so fragile, you might mess it up worse!!! but try taking it to the dealer and yeah take off your gauges first!!

pinoyesv6
04-02-2003, 01:26 PM
should i just move the needle up and down and make sure it moves freely or will that not do anything.

that won't help. even if the smallest part is touching, the needle is gonna stop. and u own't notice it if you move it up and down.

Another option is taking off the indiglo and takin it to the dealer and tell them to fix it since the car is still under warranty. CUz i really dont wanna fuck that electrical shit, especially in the cluster.

take of the faces and see if it works agian. if it works again, the needle is rubbing somewhere for sure. if it still won't move. then something is broke.

lastly, don't pull out the needle all the way. the only reason i say that is you're more likely to damage something putting hte needle back in than pulling it out.

ChromeGalant
04-04-2003, 07:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>lastly, don't pull out the needle all the way. the only reason i say that is you're more likely to damage something putting hte needle back in than pulling it out.
</div>

Well, I aint gonna lie, I've removed and replaced my needle set like 8 times.. when I first got my guages I didnt even think about sliding them over the needles..I jkust removed the needles.. and have done it several times since then...just be careful and remember placement..

pinoyesv6
04-04-2003, 10:46 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>lastly, don't pull out the needle all the way. the only reason i say that is you're more likely to damage something putting hte needle back in than pulling it out.
</div>

Well, I aint gonna lie, I've removed and replaced my needle set like 8 times.. when I first got my guages I didnt even think about sliding them over the needles..I jkust removed the needles.. and have done it several times since then...just be careful and remember placement..</div>

same here. i have had like at least half a dozen guage faces on my car already. msot of them custom made by me. but yea pulling the needles off doesn't hurt the mechansim unless u do it forcefully. but when u put it back on well. ok the pin that the needle is held with is kinda "floating" inside of the cluster. now if you were to put the needle in wrong or something, u break whatever was holding the pin down and the pin is pushed down. once its pushed down, the mechanism that turns the pin can't catch onto the pin and thats y the pin and the needle don't move.