PDA

View Full Version : Ram Air

Proud Galant Driver
04-02-2003, 02:01 PM
um, i didnt really see this anywhere else. so im posting about it.

what would it take for some ram air? i know you would have to find a place for the air to get rammed from i think. but do u just have to do a little hood cuttin and fiberglassin and run a hose or something to ur air intake?

Kain
04-02-2003, 02:25 PM
For ram air to truely work, you need a carburator. Otherwise, it's just the same thing as a CAI without the water danger.

Proud Galant Driver
04-02-2003, 02:28 PM
For ram air to truely work, you need a carburator. Otherwise, it's just the same thing as a CAI without the water danger.

and cai is? and should i just do cai then? ram air is cheaper though right? which is more hp? how much hp could i expect to gain from both?

Khopari
04-02-2003, 02:30 PM
for the track you can just remove the headlight,, and stick that air filter over there,, cause i think shane does that when goes to the track,, or you can take the fog light out,, and stick and air filter over there,, but this is only for track racing,,, for the street WATER is the big problem...........

Proud Galant Driver
04-02-2003, 02:42 PM
for the track you can just remove the headlight,, and stick that air filter over there,, cause i think shane does that when goes to the track,, or you can take the fog light out,, and stick and air filter over there,, but this is only for track racing,,, for the street WATER is the big problem...........

so how do u over come that problem?

Khopari
04-02-2003, 02:45 PM

so how do u over come that problem?

you mean the water,, problem,, well u got find some mad scientist,, and tell em to make Engine WAter,, Friendly thats the only way to fix this big problemmm lol

well you can try putting Bypass valve but i dont think that will make diff when u got the whole filter outside and its raining....

Proud Galant Driver
04-02-2003, 02:58 PM
well, i see cars all the time with ram air. that run on the street. my rx7 has ram air but it doesnt stick out of the car. it goes where the hood release is so the air can creep in. now couldnt i just hook something up so i can cut the air off when it rains or i wash the car?

then i could just have a way for it to go back to the old setup when it rains so it could still get air?

Khopari
04-02-2003, 03:03 PM
well, i see cars all the time with ram air. that run on the street. my rx7 has ram air but it doesnt stick out of the car. it goes where the hood release is so the air can creep in. now couldnt i just hook something up so i can cut the air off when it rains or i wash the car?

then i could just have a way for it to go back to the old setup when it rains so it could still get air?

well this might sounds crazyy but,, you can get long pipe and add it to the intake,, and put it at the lower bumper of top grill somewhere,, and when it rain,, take that out,,,,,,,,,,, good enought or its just too dum...

HeadAche
04-02-2003, 03:13 PM
to have a true ram air kit and for it to be able to be run on the street and really worry about water, you need a bypass valve to combat the water. I think TOC has a ram air kit so to speak, but its just a CAI that sits where his fogs are.. mine is just by removing the headlight and running it like that.. IF you thinking of running pipe and or trying to move air a certain way, it most case it wont work.. It has to sit in an area where air pass either threw or over it all the time, like most old chevy's have there carburators sticking above the hood..

pinoyesv6
04-02-2003, 03:20 PM
not gonan work for ur car. if u remove the headlight, all you're gonna do is blow air to the battery. what you need to do is to redo ur intake, move the battery to where the air can is and put the air can to where the battery is.

another idea is to get some cold air from the wheel well. the place where teh air can is looks really clsoe to the wheel well...

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/247000-247999/247860_6_full.jpg

Proud Galant Driver
04-02-2003, 04:06 PM
i forgot all about that pic of my engine

ok do u see the black plastic tube that goes right behind the radiator?

it goes all the way to the thing my air box is. could i cut a hole in that to get more air?

pinoyesv6
04-02-2003, 04:23 PM
i wouldn't. thats right in front of the header. u'll get air but its gonna be hella hot

Faction
04-11-2003, 08:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>not gonan work for ur car. if u remove the headlight, all you're gonna do is blow air to the battery. what you need to do is to redo ur intake, move the battery to where the air can is and put the air can to where the battery is.

another idea is to get some cold air from the wheel well. the place where teh air can is looks really clsoe to the wheel well...

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/247000-247999/247860_6_full.jpg</div>

wtf is this?

Fishboy55
04-12-2003, 09:25 AM
I just get ill when I see somebody that let's their engine get that way. YUK! Get you some simple green and some ambition, son.....

HeadAche
04-12-2003, 02:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just get ill when I see somebody that let's their engine get that way. YUK! Get you some simple green and some ambition, son.....</div>

And a really good pressure washer.. Damn, thats a lot of dirty and oil..wow

Proud Galant Driver
04-13-2003, 07:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Punklant_03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>not gonan work for ur car. if u remove the headlight, all you're gonna do is blow air to the battery. what you need to do is to redo ur intake, move the battery to where the air can is and put the air can to where the battery is.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/247000-247999/247860_6_full.jpg</div>

wtf is this?</div>

that would be my engine

and yes, i know its dirty, thats the cleanest i can get it, i didnt let it get that way, it was like that when i got it.

Faction
04-15-2003, 07:10 PM
sup dude, use some engine degreaser or simple green along with a brush, you'll get it off really good