PDA

View Full Version : Altezzas for 8g finally found!!!!!

ndngalant69
04-02-2003, 08:09 PM
heres a site where u can get a better look for the 8G galants and it looks like u can buy them now!!

the site is http://www.altezzalighting.com/galant.htm ('http://www.altezzalighting.com/galant.htm')

Sarah
04-02-2003, 08:16 PM
I can't tell if I like them or not, they look different than the ones that Khopari posted..........I think they have too many circles

Black Magic
04-02-2003, 08:33 PM
they are $290 thats allot for some altezzas i think id rather pay the extra 50 bucks or so and get the 3rd gen JDMs. the only thing on my mind is that i wouldnt want to go through the hassle of modding the JDMs still thinking about it very hard decision. if th altezzas were like $150 or somethin i would get them but now hmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Niytrus
04-02-2003, 08:41 PM
hmm... possible group buy?

ChromeGalant
04-02-2003, 08:45 PM
I actually like them.. Im in on a group buy...

Niytrus
04-02-2003, 08:49 PM
i would be most likely down for one too... although I dont think I will be able to organize it. Any volunteers?

Khopari
04-02-2003, 08:54 PM
i am not sure,, they are the same as TYC,, cause they were gone get em in july this is lil early,, umm they might be rip off like they take your money and send you nothing but picc of them lol

and yea they are lil high for themm,, i will rather get JDM

nycgalant2001
04-02-2003, 09:14 PM
its about time..... Carbon Altezzas are hot.
i'm in for a group buy

VegasMatt
04-02-2003, 09:14 PM
I am gonna wait for the TYC, if I even get them at all. Depends who else from my area gets em.

HeadAche
04-02-2003, 09:18 PM
I am gonna wait for the TYC, if I even get them at all. Depends who else from my area gets em.

I hear what your saying im in the same boat, gotta see what TYC does, and how many people from the dirty get'em..

Black Magic
04-02-2003, 09:44 PM
i think id be down for a group buy

TWISTED II
04-02-2003, 10:18 PM
whats the difference between these and the TYC's?? i think i'm gonna order them tomorrow. unless we think we can get a GB, then i'de wait.

gost2002es
04-02-2003, 10:25 PM
i can't decide if i want bling bling alteezas or slicikity slick 3rd gen jdm tails. i like the circles but too many people have euros. before they were made availiable for the galant i wanted them, but now that they're available it seems like alteezas are a trend sort of and jdm is like the new "bling bling". thats just my opinion, and i think im going with my gut when i get jdm's :roll:

D03GTZ
04-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Why dont you just get whichever you like best and not worry about what everybody else thinks is "bling-bling"!? :roll:

gost2002es
04-02-2003, 10:37 PM
i dont mean like bliing bling and i could care less what anyone else likes, i just think that jdm = simple and good looking and euro = flashy and just ewww. i dont know. i like jdm better and i have spoken >:]

balln8g
04-02-2003, 10:54 PM
I like the carbon ones shown, I dont know how the chromes would look, but $290 is a lil steep for those.

Reelax
04-02-2003, 11:55 PM
seems like im always the killjoy but...

i guarantee EVERYONE around you w/ a galant will have the TYC or look alike altezza's by christmas if they do come out in mass by july. you will see so many otherwise stock cars rolling these until you want to poke yourself in the eye. the price is the only thing that may deter the mob from doing the altezza conversion to the galant like what has happened to the civic. i am not a hater. please don't misunderstand, i have no problem w/ everyone doing it but part of the mistique of the galant was that it was a pretty exclusive car to mod and most galants are individual. the altzza conversion is probably the single most common mod on import (and even domestic) cars. for you guys that have put in work w/ a drop / wheels, kit etc. or have "world spec" galants, this will enhance the look of your cars (instead of destroy it), but just b aware that there will b plenty of stock galants rolling altezza's exactly like yours by the end of the year.

w/ that being said, you know what would really look cool? color matched inner housing altezza's on an 8G.

D03GTZ
04-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Ok, but then what about all of this JDM this and JDM that? So all of you guys with the JDM tails are just copiers of the first guy that got them then, huh? At least me personally, I see plenty of Galants by me, and 99.9% have absolutely nothing done to them. How many Civics do you see all the time? I sure as hell see a lot of them every day. If this company were to make a hundred of these tail lights for the Galant, I would bet that they would sell them no sooner than 6 months. A hundred for the Civic(or any other common Import) will sell in a few months. My point is that not many people do anything to their Galant, so for the few that do these arent a bad idea, I dont think. It just seems to me like you dont want to do anything that everybody else has done. Then what about an cold air intake or muffler or fender turn signals, etc.?

toc8g
04-03-2003, 12:42 AM
Ok, but then what about all of this JDM this and JDM that? So all of you guys with the JDM tails are just copiers of the first guy that got them then, huh? At least me personally, I see plenty of Galants by me, and 99.9% have absolutely nothing done to them. How many Civics do you see all the time? I sure as hell see a lot of them every day. If this company were to make a hundred of these tail lights for the Galant, I would bet that they would sell them no sooner than 6 months. A hundred for the Civic(or any other common Import) will sell in a few months. My point is that not many people do anything to their Galant, so for the few that do these arent a bad idea, I dont think. It just seems to me like you dont want to do anything that everybody else has done. Then what about an cold air intake or muffler or fender turn signals, etc.?

The ratio of JDM's to Altezza's is not gonna be anywhere near the same. I personally do like the Altezza's on this topic but I will go JDM just to be a little different then most. I think Reelax is 100% right!

Khopari
04-03-2003, 12:55 AM

The ratio of JDM's to Altezza's is not gonna be anywhere near the same. I personally do like the Altezza's on this topic but I will go JDM just to be a little different then most. I think Reelax is 100% right!

OMFG,, here we go again,, JDM or Altezza's,,, we are again gone fight over which one is better,,,,, LOCK topic,, before someone here gets Banned from the forumm,, i mean god damn,,,, if you like JDM thats cool if you like Altezza's thats cool too,, but plzz dont waste BGR Web Space on arguing over and over which one is better,, and dosent this belong to Sale Forumm

ok that was lil mean,, sorry if i was lil rude,, but i got tired of reading this type of post over and over.....

well it kiils my time though...

toc8g
04-03-2003, 01:32 AM
OMFG,, here we go again,, JDM or Altezza's,,, we are again gone fight over which one is better,,,,, LOCK topic,, before someone here gets Banned from the forumm,, i mean god damn,,,, if you like JDM thats cool if you like Altezza's thats cool too,, but plzz dont waste BGR Web Space on arguing over and over which one is better,, and dosent this belong to Sale Forumm

ok that was lil mean,, sorry if i was lil rude,, but i got tired of reading this type of post over and over.....

I think you are the only one taking things out of proportion.....It almost sounds like you are trying to start trouble.........????

Khopari
04-03-2003, 01:38 AM

I think you are the only one taking things out of proportion.....It almost sounds like you are trying to start trouble.........????

i am trying not too,,,

Reelax
04-03-2003, 02:06 AM
take it easy; nobody is fighting.

re-read my earlier post.

i do not hate on altezzas.

they will b common.

it's YOUR personal choice.

i will not even respond to JDM's being in the same league since they are neither easy bolt-on or cheap, or even available. they will never b "common"... there are less than 50 JDM tails installed in north america even though they have been around since 1997.

Khopari
04-03-2003, 02:10 AM
take it easy; nobody is fighting.

re-read my earlier post.

i do not hate on altezzas.

they will b common.

it's YOUR personal choice.

i will not even respond to JDM's being in the same league since they are neither easy bolt-on or cheap, or even available. they will never b "common"... there are less than 50 JDM tails installed in north america.

nah i am not talking about u,, i am just talking in General if we keep talking like this some dick head who love or Altezaac it will come and start the trouble,,,, no mean,,,

personally like JDM,, may be cause i seen em in person,, and how they look and stuff,,,

so,, lets keep this Thred Friendly,,, i dont wan this to end up like that Clear Tail Light Thred,, Rem that one,,,,,
here is the link to that thred... http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2158 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2158')

that post is old as hell and they still fight on that ,, well not lately,,,,

Reelax
04-03-2003, 02:23 AM
Ok, but then what about all of this JDM this and JDM that? So all of you guys with the JDM tails are just copiers of the first guy that got them then, huh?... ...It just seems to me like you dont want to do anything that everybody else has done. Then what about an cold air intake or muffler or fender turn signals, etc.?

i hope this wasn't directed at me?

i had the second or third JDM tails in north america since i did the conversion not knowing that somebody had allready done it a few months prior (1999). i had the first or second 1 piece cleared JDM headlights (2001) and i probably have the first and only full JDM DUAL HID conversion (2002).

as for being copied...

there are less than 50 JDM tails on US 8G's.
there are less than 10 JDM headlights on US 8G's.

just wait till you see how many altezza's you see by the end of the year.

o and about intake and exhaust...

i had the first custom catback from THERMAL R&D (1999) and the probably the first cold air intake installed on an 8G (INJEN 1st gen 1 piece made for the 3G eclipse) confirming the compatibilty between 8G galant and 3G eclipse (2000).

Khopari
04-03-2003, 02:28 AM
just wait till you see how many altezza's you see by the end of the year.

500 or more if they only tell em on TYC site,, if they sell it on JC WHitney make that doubble 1G,, and if they sell em at Local Pepboyz or dealer,, make that bad boy around 10G......

haha,, thast scary

Khopari
04-03-2003, 02:32 AM
i mean it all comes down to the,, where u can get them at,, if they are easy to get,,, and if the price is right,, i think we gone see lotf of em,, but if they are around $290, umm the count might go lil lower,,,,

so finaly thought on how many people gone get it,, its all gone come down to the Where they sell it and,, if the public has easy Access,, to it,,

Dilemma
04-03-2003, 02:35 AM
I cant agree more.

toc8g
04-03-2003, 02:36 AM
nah i am not talking about u,, i am just talking in General if we keep talking like this some dick head who love or Altezaac it will come and start the trouble,,,, no mean,,,

personally like JDM,, may be cause i seen em in person,, and how they look and stuff,,,

so,, lets keep this Thred Friendly,,, i dont wan this to end up like that Clear Tail Light Thred,, Rem that one,,,,,
here is the link to that thred... http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2158 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2158')

You were so worried about bitching and complaining....and you are the one instigating crap,...you should have just kept your mouth shut,..no one was blowing things out of proportion..now this topic is all fucked up because of you! If any mods wanna post feel free,..for the members if you wanna restart this topic and leave it clean go ahead....as for this topic its closed.

Reelax
04-03-2003, 02:50 AM

haha. the beef about altezza's started way back and is almost as old as TGC itself... 90% of the board wanted them at one time. the aftermaket did not respond (admittedly the true demand [actual cash-in-hand buyers] was not as big). the majority became bitter and then altezzas became "played" during the LONG wait that many of the OG's endured. you guys coming into the fold recently were not exposed to the pain many of us had in getting ANY aftermarket support. you guys cannot imagine how happy we are that there are parts FINALLY being made for us and this is truly a GOOD thing. the problem is that everytime the question "where can i get altezza's or euro tails or clear tails for my galant?" was raised, the pain of them not being available or even on the horizon came back and this was the MOST popular question on the baord! so unknowingly members that asked this question touched on a nerve and were "attacked".

Fishboy55
04-03-2003, 08:41 AM

You were so worried about bitching and complaining....and you are the one instigating crap,...you should have just kept your mouth shut,..no one was blowing things out of proportion..now this topic is all fucked up because of you! If any mods wanna post feel free,..for the members if you wanna restart this topic and leave it clean go ahead....as for this topic its closed.

I have to agree Khopari. You posted six times in the same post and said basically nothing useful. You made your opinion clear in your first post. There was really no need to continue poking the fire. If you don't like Alteezas, don't buy them. If you want to up your post count, do it in off topic, but don't go trashing another member's post who actually did some work and research to find something.

Chip