PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Interior Trim

My99GTZ
04-04-2003, 03:00 AM
I saw what looks like a good deal on E-bay for interior triming.. I was wondering if anyone has ordered through Dashtrims.com??? Are they a good company.. also it sounds like this is just something that goes on top of whats already there? Or is an actual replacement piece?? I was thinking of doing the brushed aluminum in my car.. not sure though cause my car has grey leather interior.. any suggestions????

Gizmo
04-04-2003, 07:55 AM
Those trim kits on eBay are overlays, they just stick on top of the trim pieces. I ahve seen them on a friends car (CF) and I thought it looked pretty good.

balln8g
04-04-2003, 09:14 AM
with grey leather...brushed alum. would look tight...IMO

pinoyesv6
04-04-2003, 10:35 AM
it would look good but remember that those overlays don't fully cover the wood trim of the 99gtz. so you have a few options. you can paint over them old pieces and then put the overlays or get some DE or the 2k2 ES LS trim and put them on top of those.

My99GTZ
04-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Is there any place that sells actual replacements?

Sarah
04-04-2003, 06:04 PM
you can buy the niece CF or brushed aluminum pieces at the Mitsu dealership. i believe TGC gets some sort of discount at Del Ray or Don Herring Mitsubishi

Danger DANJ
04-04-2003, 11:43 PM
The only direct replacements are what have been just mentioned here. They are stock pieces in the 2002-2003 Galants. Instead of wood trim, the 2002-2003 Galants came with brushed aluminum, gold, or carbon fiber twist interior pieces depending on the model trim. In my '99 I took the wood pieces out and replaced them with the 2002-2003 GTZ carbon fiber twist pieces. At the average dealership, expect to pay $500 or so for all 6 pieces. I got mine from Delray Mitsubishi for around $350 shipped. Keith Reidel is the guy to talk to there. Do a search on this board and you will find his contact info. The other place that Sarah mentioned, www.donherringmitsubishi.com gives discounts as well. Gary Evans is the guy to talk to there.

Pics of the carbon fiber twist trim pieces:

http://www.dangerdanj.com/cftwist01.jpg

http://www.dangerdanj.com/cftwist02.jpg

pinoyesv6
04-05-2003, 12:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>The only direct replacements are what have been just mentioned here. They are stock pieces in the 2002-2003 Galants. Instead of wood trim, the 2002-2003 Galants came with brushed aluminum, gold, or carbon fiber twist interior pieces depending on the model trim. In my '99 I took the wood pieces out and replaced them with the 2002-2003 GTZ carbon fiber twist pieces. At the average dealership, expect to pay $500 or so for all 6 pieces. I got mine from Delray Mitsubishi for around $350 shipped. Keith Reidel is the guy to talk to there. Do a search on this board and you will find his contact info. The other place that Sarah mentioned, www.donherringmitsubishi.com gives discounts as well. Gary Evans is the guy to talk to there.
</div>

its an alluminum and titanium color not actual gold and alluminum

Danger DANJ
04-05-2003, 10:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>The only direct replacements are what have been just mentioned here. They are stock pieces in the 2002-2003 Galants. Instead of wood trim, the 2002-2003 Galants came with brushed aluminum, gold, or carbon fiber twist interior pieces depending on the model trim. In my '99 I took the wood pieces out and replaced them with the 2002-2003 GTZ carbon fiber twist pieces. At the average dealership, expect to pay $500 or so for all 6 pieces. I got mine from Delray Mitsubishi for around $350 shipped. Keith Reidel is the guy to talk to there. Do a search on this board and you will find his contact info. The other place that Sarah mentioned, www.donherringmitsubishi.com gives discounts as well. Gary Evans is the guy to talk to there.
</div>

its an alluminum and titanium color not actual gold and alluminum</div>

As I was typing it, I knew it didn't seem right, but I forgot what the gold colored one was called.

Jens Galant
04-05-2003, 12:21 PM
those cf trim peices are sweet does mitisubishi have a whole kit like for the peices around the air vents and stuff?

Sarah
04-05-2003, 12:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jens Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>those Â*cf trim peices are sweet does mitisubishi have a whole kit like for the peices around the air vents and stuff?</div>

no, those you would have to do yourself with the overlay stuff

COgalant
04-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Wow...maybe I can find those pieces at a salvage yard and yank them out...if there are are any 02/03 Galants there.

Danger DANJ
04-05-2003, 02:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(COgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow...maybe I can find those pieces at a salvage yard and yank them out...if there are are any 02/03 Galants there.</div>

And if you want the carbon fiber twist pieces, you need to find an 02/03 GTZ.

gost2002es
04-05-2003, 02:34 PM
those dash trims, are they like stickers or plastic pieces?

ewgiii
04-06-2003, 01:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'> At the average dealership, expect to pay $500 or so for all 6 pieces. I got mine from Delray Mitsubishi for around $350 shipped. </div>
$500!?!?!? Why sooo much!!!???? I don't get it! If you want it that bad, paint it!!!!

pinoyesv6
04-06-2003, 03:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'> At the average dealership, expect to pay $500 or so for all 6 pieces. I got mine from Delray Mitsubishi for around $350 shipped. </div>
$500!?!?!? Why sooo much!!!???? </div>

cuz the dealer likes to ass rape you. especially since they know that u can get that part at the dealer only...

HeadAche
04-06-2003, 05:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'> At the average dealership, expect to pay $500 or so for all 6 pieces. I got mine from Delray Mitsubishi for around $350 shipped. </div>
$500!?!?!? Why sooo much!!!???? </div>

cuz the dealer likes to ass rape you. especially since they know that u can get that part at the dealer only...</div>

Hell yeah they do, when i went to the dealer just to see how much the CF Twist pieces were they told me $600+change, i was like werd.. I told the guy i would wait until i found one in the junk yard, and broke out..

Danger DANJ
04-06-2003, 07:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ggoosstt)</div><div class='quotemain'>those dash trims, are they like stickers or plastic pieces?</div>

The ones I posted are OEM plastic pieces.