PDA

View Full Version : How much would it cost??

Sarah
04-04-2003, 08:17 AM
I went out in January with my best friend, and I let her drive in my car, I even let her smoke in my car, well she burnt a hole in the door panel right next to door handle.

How much would it cost to replace this???

Gizmo
04-04-2003, 08:28 AM
Man the same thing happened to me, but I did it myself. And mine was on my seat and the door. :x :x

I heard about some kit that'll actually repair this burn holes its like a paste or something that yuo fill the burn hole with. I maybe wrong but I am going to see if I can find it, Ill let you know.

pinoyesv6
04-04-2003, 10:53 AM
easy replacement. go to the dealer or to the junk yard and just get the whole door panel.

if its the cloth, you have a few options. katzkin sells door panel inserts that u can get. kinda expensive. if you go to the fabric store u can just buy fabric and rewrap the cloth with some new material.

if its the actual plastic. uhm if its a trim piece, just order that piece from the dealer. u know small parts nto the actaul panel itself. if its the big plastic panel, an option might be to get some filler like bondo or something and fill it in and then maybe paint the door panel to cover up all the repair work.

aeon
04-04-2003, 12:47 PM
so Pin...
are you saying that there is an easy way to wrap the fabric around that part of the door?

i have burns all over mine from before i quit smoking. :cry:

any fabric? that would be dope.

peace,
aeon :firedevil:

pinoyesv6
04-04-2003, 02:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aeon)</div><div class='quotemain'>
are you saying that there is an easy way to wrap the fabric around that part of the door?

i have burns all over mine from before i quit smoking. Â*:cry: Â*

any fabric? that would be dope.
</div>

i didn't say it was easy. to do it correctly you would have to remove the door panel, take out the insert. remove the old fabric and replace with the new stuff. takes a few hours for a beginner...for each door

Jens Galant
04-06-2003, 10:43 AM
DAMN a few hrs???i was thinking about redoing mine when i painted my trim peices, but when i took the door panel the lil knobs that hold the insert in looked the they where melted down againts the back of the panel. i was afraid to remove the insert i didnt want to get everything apart and then have no way of putting it back together
also is the like a special type of glue or something that i would need to get the new fabic to stick?

pinoyesv6
04-06-2003, 04:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jens Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>DAMN a few hrs??? </div>

you want to take ur time so u do as little damage to the door panel and so it looks good. but yea i don't think its that bad if you're doing 4 doors...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jens Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>also is the like a special type of glue or something that i would need to get the new fabic to stick?</div>

spray adhesive would work but it depends on the type of fabric ur using and its backing.