PDA

View Full Version : Those Damn Stickers!!!!!! HELP!

GuyWitGalant
04-04-2003, 02:17 PM
hey fellow G drivers...........I have this one question thats been annoying me!!! how the HELL do you REMOVE the DAMN STICKERS that the stupid dealerships put on ur car? Please Help!!!! :?:

Censee
04-04-2003, 02:21 PM
at autozone they sell a can of spray sticker remover ,i bought it for like 3 bucks..and it works extremley well..

ewgiii
04-04-2003, 04:51 PM
i washed mine off with a bucket of Joy and some elbow greese!

mochanges
04-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Usually they come off with some heat. Use a hair dryer or if you are really careful, a heatgun. Personally, if I were you, I would do the following:

Drive back to the dealership and ask them for your check. When they look at you like you are crazy, tell them that it only makes sense that they pay you because you are not out to provide free advertising to them. So of course, they owe you a check, since they have their dealership's name and whatnot on your car. That's obviously your car, so they can pay the advertising fee. Then tell them that if they won't pay, they can take the sticker off for you.

-Mohammad

Sarah
04-04-2003, 05:58 PM
mine just peeled right off, I left it on forever, and then noticed it was peeling off on its own, so I just grabbed it and pulled it off

Ghost Beat
04-04-2003, 11:36 PM
i just peeled mine off and it was on for a while too.

Jens Galant
04-05-2003, 12:24 PM
boy guess i got lucky my dealer never put on a sticker just a ugly license plate frame with their name all over it which came off as soon as i got home

Tazz2000
04-05-2003, 01:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jens Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>boy guess i got lucky my dealer never put on a sticker just a ugly license plate frame with their name all over it which came off as soon as i got home</div>

I made them take the license plate covers off when they put my real license plates on. Then I went home, and took the sticker off no problem.

HeadAche
04-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Mine just peeled right off..

MidNightRacing
04-07-2003, 02:34 PM
I just recently finished mine the was the dealership sticker and the emblems that I took off. What I used:
1 bottle of tiugh stuff
1 bottle of alcohol
4 finger nails
1 flat head screw driver
1 bottle of Black chrome
Paper towel
for the sticker take one nail and scratch off till all comes off then take the alcohol and wipe clean 3 times (that will soften the remaining glue then scrape off apply tought stuff then after all glue is off apply black chrome (or anytype of gloss) Same for the emblems except you use the screw driver to lift up the letters

SCortes
04-09-2003, 12:27 PM
I didn't use any significant technique nor any products. I just sprayed it with water then took a sponge and scrubbed like my life depended on it. That ended up working, I also used a nail here and there. It took about 5-6 minutes.

Strahan
04-09-2003, 12:38 PM
When I bought my car I stipulated that if they attached anything to my car I would not accept delivery https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Tiptronic
04-09-2003, 12:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>Usually they come off with some heat. Use a hair dryer or if you are really careful, a heatgun. Personally, if I were you, I would do the following:

Drive back to the dealership and ask them for your check. When they look at you like you are crazy, tell them that it only makes sense that they pay you because you are not out to provide free advertising to them. So of course, they owe you a check, since they have their dealership's name and whatnot on your car. That's obviously your car, so they can pay the advertising fee. Then tell them that if they won't pay, they can take the sticker off for you.

-Mohammad</div>

this is the best option. make sure you dont leave the heat in one spot to long. afterwards use like GOO-GONE to get the excess adhesive off

GuyWitGalant
04-15-2003, 11:43 AM
thanks guys...........i used GOO GONE........and it works like a miracle!!