PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone recommend an axle back exhaust???

meadow22
04-04-2003, 04:03 PM
I am looking into getting an exhaust, but I am not s ure what kind I should get. I am leaning more toward an axle back this way I don't have to get all that welding done. Anyone have any recomendations? Also I don't want it to sound like a go-cart!! lol, I just don't like the way they sound. Let me know if anyone knows of anything.

Khopari
04-04-2003, 04:06 PM
yo,, if you really search on www.ebay.com they have em,, there is this kid alwasy selling them,,,,

Prophet
04-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Wrong forum. Moving to performance.

Messiah
04-04-2003, 09:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>yo,, if you really search on www.ebay.com Â*they have em,, there is this kid alwasy selling them,,,,</div>

the ones on ebay weren't mandrel bent, don't waste your money on those

Khopari
04-04-2003, 09:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dragon300le)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>yo,, if you really search on www.ebay.com Â*they have em,, there is this kid alwasy selling them,,,,</div>

the ones on ebay weren't mandrel bent, don't waste your money on those</div>

u sure,, dragon i could sware i seen one bent,, may be i was smoking joints at that time,, oh well if i see one i will let you know,,,

you can alwasy have one custome made at loca Performance store,,

pinoyesv6
04-04-2003, 09:38 PM
not mandrel bent but still a good deal. the muffler is like 80-100 alone and installation like that can cost another 100 dollars maybe more. so u got an ease of installation and save a few dollars.

GaLanT
04-05-2003, 10:46 AM
I bought one and it's on the way. When i get it, i'll post a kind of "review"

Los
04-05-2003, 07:45 PM
Here's the site that post them on Ebay. Price is ok.....

AXLE BACK EXHAUST ('http://www.mufflertech.com/htmlsite/orderform.asp?id=93')

If you get it let us know how you like it....

extremsprt86
04-05-2003, 10:53 PM
i also am looking into this, i will prolly end up getting it sometime mid summer. ill let u know how it is, and if sum1 gets it before me, let me know how it worked out.

meadow22
04-10-2003, 05:32 PM
i ordered the obx3 yesterday so i should have it soon. i'll let you guys know how it is. thanks for all your help. :thumbsup:

2 LOW 4 A FAT HOE
04-17-2003, 07:12 AM
I have the ones that are on ebay installed on my car. Just a heads up, it doesn't bolt on exactly right. You have to cut the heat shield from the old muffler, and weld on washers on the ends of the hangers, or else your muffler will fall to the ground. I have a fed spec galant, so there could be a slight exhaust difference with the cali spec, not sure though. The company for the axle-back exhaust on ebay is from California. The name of the company is muffler tech.If its nice this weekend, I can post some pics of the pipe and the parts you have to modify. It does sound really good. The good part is now in the future, its easier to upgrade the muffler. I have the pipe already made. Josh