PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry Problem 1997 Galant

dejola
08-23-2002, 10:40 PM
My daughter had been having problems with her keyless entry system. She has a '97 Galant in otherwise great shape. Seems she had to press her remote many times to lock and/or unlock doors. She took the car in to a local Mitsubishi dealer. He had the car for two days. Said he had to order a part. She finally picked up the car late today after paying the $50 deductible under the extended warranty. She drove off and soon found the same problem still exists. If she returns to the dealer and dealer says "that's the best we can do," what should her next step be?

Thanks.

Mazarin
08-24-2002, 03:06 AM
Kick them in the teeth.

Then find another dealership to get it worked on. Have you checked the battery in the keyfob? I know it's and obvious thing, but leave no stone unturned...

The extended warranty sounds familliar to my Mistubishi Cerified warranty acceptable @ all Mitsu dealers. If your warranty isn't restricted to that dealership, there are plenty of New Yorkers here that can direct you to many different helpful Mitsu dealerships.

STL95LS
09-16-2002, 05:49 PM
I was having problems similar to that, I would have to point the remote right at the dash to lock or unlock otherwise I could press it all day and nothing would happen even standing at the door. I replaced the battery and its now perfect.