PDA

View Full Version : JDM Parts and their difference vs USDM

inferiouss
11-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi,
Im new here. I was searching the forums, but couldn't find a decent list of some websites that offer JDM galant parts 8g or some ebay vendors. Also, what are the parts that differ between JDM and USDM. I know about the headlights and grille, are there any other parts? thanks :8G:

G-spot
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
go to ebay and type "OEM JDM GALANT" and you can find more than just headlights and grilles.

or contact Triggermauve via p.m. he's been our right hand seller when it comes to JDM parts (from Japan)

wetamup2k3g
11-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Welcome to TGC! Most of what we swap from USDM to JDM are headlights and grille as you know, as well as bumpers front and rear, trunklid (usually carbon fiber though), taillights (very common swap), windows visors, side skirts/body kits, steering wheel, mirrors and maybe some other things I can't think of. We have vendors that can get you some JDM parts, (qcustoms, Cali, JMAutoParts) and if you go on eBay, type in your JDM Galant part and whoever has it is usually who always has it. www.jdmautolights.com also has the heads, tails and grilles for sale too. Hope this helps and enjoy your stay.

foxbrand
11-26-2011, 10:45 PM
welcome!

heads up, if you have a USDM 8g Galant, the JDM 8g galant vr4 front strut tower brace will not bolt up, the distance of the strut towers and the stud pattern on the struts is very different between the USDM and the JDM 8g galants

wetamup2k3g
11-26-2011, 11:09 PM
^^Truth, the JDM 8G front strut tower brace fit the USDM 7G's.

carl3g
11-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Hey greg, have you ever ordered from that jdmlight place? Are they legit?

wetamup2k3g
11-26-2011, 11:16 PM
I haven't, but they look legit. Looks can be deceiving though.

IVORY_G
11-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Hey greg, have you ever ordered from that jdmlight place? Are they legit?

I have, I bought my first old style grille from them, everything was legit.

carl3g
11-27-2011, 01:01 AM
I have, I bought my first old style grille from them, everything was legit.

Thanks bud. If I get a g, I would prolly buy the 3rd/aspire tails from there if I can't find a tgc member selling theirs.

IVORY_G
11-27-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks bud. If I get a g, I would prolly buy the 3rd/aspire tails from there if I can't find a tgc member selling theirs.

No prob

E_Emerson88
11-27-2011, 05:11 AM
i get an error message...

http://www.jdmautolights.com/error.html

=\

inferiouss
11-27-2011, 12:11 PM
thanks so much for the replies. i wanna start getting my car down to something i like because right now its too stock. also do stock 8g have good bass because my car is crazy and im not sure if its the car or the previous owner that did something.

Guzm4n
11-27-2011, 12:38 PM
thanks so much for the replies. i wanna start getting my car down to something i like because right now its too stock. also do stock 8g have good bass because my car is crazy and im not sure if its the car or the previous owner that did something.

I know the GTZ came with an infinity system

foxbrand
11-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I know the GTZ came with an infinity system

as does the LS

finald8ta
11-27-2011, 01:46 PM
I have stock 6x9 in the rear and put out to much bass for me

HTC EVO 4G

wetamup2k3g
11-27-2011, 03:09 PM
The stock system has very decent bass for a stock system, nothing mind blowing, cleaner than most of the domestic makes' non-premuim systems. The Infinity system sounds great, the bass isn't real strong, but if the speakers aren't blown, it has a little bit of oomph if you're not used to having a subwoofer setup. Those speakers are so good for mids and highs, I kept the Infinity speakers and amp in mine and integrated it with my Pioneer head unit, turned the HPF up to the max so no bass hits the inside speakers, and it sounds awesome!!

carl3g
11-27-2011, 03:38 PM
I have the infinity system as well and what I really like about it is the clarity. Although, if you play your music loud, those speakers will blow easy.

ricky_db
11-27-2011, 07:56 PM
i bought my 2pc heads from those dick wods they sent me the wrong shit then didnt understand wtf i ment even after i sent pics!!! i forgave them.. and carl thats why you upgrade and go to the world of aftermarket.

carl3g
11-27-2011, 09:45 PM
See the thing is Ricky, I like clarity and I also don't play my music loud. I like to be able to hear sirens or something just in case. So the infinity system was more than enough. Its just sucks I've let my brother and dad who drive the car blasting music as if they are in a damn concert.

ricky_db
11-28-2011, 09:00 PM
See the thing is Ricky, I like clarity and I also don't play my music loud. I like to be able to hear sirens or something just in case. So the infinity system was more than enough. Its just sucks I've let my brother and dad who drive the car blasting music as if they are in a damn concert.

there is just something about good music.. lol you just wanna hear it loud and clear. i thought the infinity was good (temporarily) lol once i laid more sound deadener down in that bishi it sounded even better!

i have a problem lol