PDA

View Full Version : Motor/Tranny Swap...???

GalantSpeed
04-06-2003, 08:30 PM
OK i've saved up enough $$$ to finally do my motor swap...
I'm swapping to a 4g63T from a 1g eclipse, what all am I going to need to buy. The swap i am buying comes with the following: complete motor/tranny both ecu's power steering pump, a/c compressor, turbo, stock intercooler (i'm getting a FMIC) wiring harness, hoses.
I already have a radiator. are the motor mounts the same? or do i have to either get custom ones? what about a coil pack? anything else??

Thanks for all the help...!!!

QnzMostWanted
04-06-2003, 08:37 PM
u might have a problem with the tranny mount.....i remember reading abut that somewhere

Dark Anghell
04-06-2003, 08:51 PM
It might have been on the galantspeed where a guy was doing a tutorial on 4g63t and 5sp swap. I think the reason why he had some problems was because he was using evo motor and tranny which didn't work anyway.
On magnus website they list the differences between 6 and 7-bolt 4g63, and the engine mount on the drivers side is different, but I'm guessing that the tranny mount is the same.

JiP
04-06-2003, 09:05 PM
I could be mistaken but doesnt the 1g tranny have 2 mounts on the tranny?

And also the 1g side engine mount is like a big metal arm that wraps around the engine. Although, maybe it would be possible to affix the 2g mount to the 1g. The front and rear mounts I *think* will be the same, or atleast bolt up to each other.

I have a really stupid question about ecu swaps (gives me a headache thinking about it)...What happens with your gauge cluster and stuff like that? I mean when you swap harnesses, are the gauge cluster wires and that stuff part of the new harness? If not where the hell do those wires get their info from?

GalantSpeed
04-06-2003, 09:20 PM
I'm not too positive about the gauges, but what i am going to do is buy the 1g eclipse gauges the reverse indiglo, i really only want the speedo, but i'm going to put the speedo on on over my galant speedo and get it calibrated to the eclipse speedo. I found a shop that will do it for me for $25. i'm not going to even have a working tach on the gauge cluster. i'm going to get one that mounts to the dash, same with the boost etc but the boost will be on my apillar along with the air/fuel and volt which is already there.

JiP
04-06-2003, 10:40 PM
I got some help with that question already. I didnt know that there are 2 harnesses one for interior stuff like gauge clust, and one for the engine itself which goes to the ECU. So basically just need an ECU and Engine harness. Unless ur gona swap the gauges ull need the other Interior harness also.

IllestGalant
04-06-2003, 11:06 PM
nice https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif
http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/images/avatars/440aa30c3e90da78e30e4.jpg

GalantSpeed
04-07-2003, 05:25 AM
i'm basically just buying a speedometer and getting it calibrated to my car after the engine swap.