View Full Version : oil temp and volt gauge install????

leicoolya
04-07-2003, 05:39 PM
hey i just got some reverse oil temp and volt meter gauges and the directions to install that came with it suck!!!!
does anyone know how to install them or know of i site that might have it..
thanks

Messiah
04-07-2003, 08:16 PM
I tapped into the Ignition wire of the stereo for the voltmeter....no clue for the oil temp

Fishboy55
04-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Yea I just tapped the input side of the fuse box for the volt meter too. If your oil temp is mechanical, you'll need a sender. If it's electrical, you're gonna tap the sensor under the hood. Check the Autometer site. Even if ur guages aren't Autometer, they have install instructions on line that might help you out.

pinoyesv6
04-08-2003, 01:26 AM
no1 has mentioned anything about the lighting for the guages so i guess i'll say something. uhm the ground that can be grounded anywhere. but the hot for hte lighting. well u got some options. some shops i've seen them connect the wire to something that turns on with the car, u know someting that turns on with the ignition. but if you want the ability to turn them on and off i'd connect them your dimemr switch for the lights so u can turn the guages on and off with ur stock cluster also.