PDA

View Full Version : how to: full control of your fog lights

finald8ta
12-21-2011, 01:11 PM
so after reading posts from a previous thread and going to club3g and reading their threads i ended up emailing a guy about his one off device to have full control of our fog lights, he could never get enough ppl to do a group by so i ask for his schematics and he turned me to this device

IF YOU DO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS I AM NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE

its a pac tr-7
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/IMAG0126.jpg
in a short it will take a pulse input and toggle a constant output,

where can you get this device EBAY key words PAC TR-7

its real simple to use your only going to use 4 wires from this device

- disconnect battery

- remove lower kick panel
once lower kick panel is removed look at the junction box where the power mirror switch and fog light switch is
here's a pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/IMAG0125.jpg

- on the fog light switch cut the LIGHT BLUE, wire make sure u have enough wire to work with connect the BROWN wire from the pac tr-7 to the wire coming from the fog light switch, tape off the other half and tuck it away

- on the power mirror switch splice into the BLUE wire, this is a switched source make sure with a voltmeter that this turns on with the key, splice the RED wire from the pac tr-7 to it

-find a good ground for the BLACK wire, i spliced mine into the power mirrors. it will be a black wire.

- now your going to have to extend the white wire to the fuse box under the hood, locate the fuse box identify your fog relay, remove the fuse box and take a peak at all the wires, locate where your fog relay is, look for a WHITE/BLACK wire, make sure u leave about 3in of wire going to the relay, cut it and attach the WHITE wire going to the relay, tape off the other end and tuck it away

heres a pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/IMAG0127.jpg

- once u have everything hooked up connect the battery, if u disconnected the pac tr-7 from its main harness connect it
- turn the switch to the ON position before you go and turn the key into ACC
once that is done turn the car on to ACC and press the fog light switch 3 times, look at the pac tr-7 and it will flash 3 times, this is saying your in pulse to toggle mode, after the 3 flashes it will flash rapidly and stop, flip the switch back to off and your done

the instructions will show you how to program the pac tr-7 and the program you want is FEATURE 3

with this new configuration, your fog lights will work while the key is in the ignition, and set to the ACC or RUN positions. at this point, the fog lights will come on whenever the stock switch is pressed, and the indicator light on the dash will light. the lights will turn off if the switch is pressed again, this can be accomplished even without the headlights turned on, the fog lights will also remain on even if the high beams are turn on.

heres a video i did after i was done
http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/VIDEO0004.mp4

Isaurio
12-21-2011, 01:17 PM
fix your pictures.

beam514
12-21-2011, 01:19 PM
ah I believe you mean power mirror switch, not "power window switch". I was a little confused at first before the pictures showed up, thinking you would have to run wires to the doors :P

finald8ta
12-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Lol i'll fix that

htc evo 4g

finald8ta
12-21-2011, 01:44 PM
all fixed

oakrdrs187
12-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I didn't thiink there was such a device. Nice find and write up. What did this unit run you?

finald8ta
12-21-2011, 04:10 PM
i didn't thiink there was such a device. Nice find and write up. What did this unit run you?

15$

htc evo 4g

Brian03Galant
12-22-2011, 10:13 PM
where is the video??

oakrdrs187
12-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Not bad. Its on my to do list.

mrg7243
12-22-2011, 11:34 PM
I still like my relay system that has yet to be setup. but the look of running lights+yellow fogs= teh sex

Corey2kG
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Not bad. Its on my to do list.

Haha we were talking about something like this a couple weeks ago lol.

But I cant see the video...

oakrdrs187
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I still like my relay system that has yet to be setup. but the look of running lights+6000k fogs= teh sex

Fixed! Lol!

oakrdrs187
12-22-2011, 11:43 PM

Yea and it took me a while to get it through yo head with a relay! Lol!!

But this is what you need corey, it might be a bit complex to install but well worth it.

Corey2kG
12-22-2011, 11:44 PM
I still like my relay system that has yet to be setup. but the look of running lights+low beam+high beams+yellow fogs= teh sex

Better??? lol

Corey2kG
12-23-2011, 12:27 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PAC+-+Universal+Trigger+Output+Module/9046276.p?id=1218012135081&skuId=9046276&st=pac tr7&cp=1&lp=1
I dont think ebay would be needed if you wanna do it asap lol
Edit: gotta ship to store...smh

finald8ta
12-23-2011, 12:38 AM

Yes this was mention a few weeks ago then someone posted a link to club 3g and a former member made a device exactly like this, I soon emailed him if he could make more and possibly a group buy, but turned me to this pac tr7 witch is the same thing he was building,

I asked for his original install guide and followed it only thing that was different was the relay wire Colors in the fuse box under the hood on a 3g, I just happen to shorten it up his guide abit and make it Easyer to under stand, it still uses the relay and functions like stock, I see no problems running hids but to be on the safe side ill be installing a relay harness.

I will post a direct link to my PB for the video
HTC EVO 4G

Corey2kG
12-23-2011, 12:40 AM
For hids or stock bulbs? I have stock fogs

finald8ta
12-23-2011, 12:43 AM
http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/VIDEO0004.mp4

HTC EVO 4G

finald8ta
12-23-2011, 12:44 AM
For hids or stock bulbs? I have stock fogs

Right now I am running stock bulbs I plans to use a relay kit for hids

HTC EVO 4G

Corey2kG
12-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Got'cha I had hids in my fogs for a while til the place I got them from jipped me so now I'm kinda fond of stock bulbs in the fogs along with the 4300k low beam

Corey2kG
12-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Sweet!!!! running lights NEXT UP!!!! lol good tut Joey

mrg7243
12-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Better??? lol

ehhhhhhhhhh idk i dont have jdms I would need them in person fist

finald8ta
12-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Nice, I did have hids in my fogs but fried a balest from one of my headlights, took the balest from my fogs and used them for my heads and installed a relay kit in the main fuse box under the hood, picked up the pac tr7 and put in stock bulbs in the fogs, till I get another hid kit for them

HTC EVO 4G

finald8ta
12-23-2011, 01:05 AM
ehhhhhhhhhh idk i dont have jdms I would need them in person fist

This set would look great with jdm heads.. I just don't think ill ever get a set

HTC EVO 4G

Brian03Galant
12-23-2011, 02:14 AM
very nice... Have to get this done. Can you tell/show me where you mounted the TR-7

oakrdrs187
12-23-2011, 05:14 AM
very nice... Have to get this done. Can you tell/show me where you mounted the TR-7

Something like this will just be tucked away behind the lower dash panel, perhaps zip tied somewhere. This is just basically a small relay, so some of the wires will have to be extended to where they need to go.

finald8ta
12-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Under the dash, zip tied to the frame

HTC EVO 4G

finald8ta
03-20-2012, 09:22 PM
update, finally installed another hid kit with relay kit, and all is working great. been running this setup for 5months with stock bulbs and just over 3 weeks with hids with no issues

having full control is great

Corey2kG
03-24-2012, 06:48 PM
So I did my fog thing today. With distractions with neighbore n kids took me under an hour. Followed step by step n took a few pics.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/20120324_133934.jpg
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/20120324_142651.jpg
fuse box
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/20120324_151641.jpg
taped up
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/20120324_151817.jpg
where I mounted it with 3m
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/20120324_161928.jpg
Fogs on
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/20120324_185648.jpg
Parking city n fog lights on
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/20120324_152824.jpg
All lights on

Thanks Joey

oakrdrs187
03-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Good job Corey!

Corey2kG
03-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks Vic. Was easier then I thought.

finald8ta
03-24-2012, 07:04 PM
I bet it was, but ill leave that between us.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

es_fact
03-24-2012, 11:52 PM
great find!

Reelax
03-25-2012, 04:33 AM
nice find. i've been looking for a latching/un-latching relay to control my fogs. i will wire it a little differently though in order to take advantage of the auto-off function of our lights (so i never have to remember to turn off anything).

oakrdrs187
03-25-2012, 05:35 AM
nice find. i've been looking for a latching/un-latching relay to control my fogs. i will wire it a little differently though in order to take advantage of the auto-off function of our lights (so i never have to remember to turn off anything).

I believe thats what the ignition wire is for, so when the relay sees ignition voltage off it cuts power to the lights. And the next time it sees ignition voltage it was for the pulse from the fog switch to activate.

Corey2kG
03-25-2012, 01:10 PM

Well as soon as you take the key out or just switch it off it will automatically turn off. So in a way its like the auto on/off. So you could just wire it up the way it shows here. As long as the key is on ACC or ON position the fogs will stay on. Ohterwise the fogs will turn off themselves with no power.

Corey2kG
03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
I bet it was, but ill leave that between us.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It just seemed confusing at the time that's the only reason I called you lol. So shut your face off lol.

Reelax
03-26-2012, 01:19 AM
I believe thats what the ignition wire is for, so when the relay sees ignition voltage off it cuts power to the lights. And the next time it sees ignition voltage it was for the pulse from the fog switch to activate.

Well as soon as you take the key out or just switch it off it will automatically turn off. So in a way its like the auto on/off. So you could just wire it up the way it shows here. As long as the key is on ACC or ON position the fogs will stay on. Ohterwise the fogs will turn off themselves with no power.

yes i know the wiring that is shown here is acc/on key position dependent, and that works well... that's not the OEM switch functionality for the lights auto-off though... leave your lights on after the car is shut off (the car has to be running first) then turn off the car and pull the key; the lights will not turn off until you open the driver's door. that is the sync switching i want because of the additional automation on my car. my headlights are also courtesy automated by my alarm for 30 seconds after arm (along with all locks, windows up, mirrors fold, and sunroof close - my car closes everything on arm even if i leave all windows and sunroof open and my mirrors fold automatically) so i want my heads and fogs to stay on until my alarm shuts them off. that won't work if i have the fogs dependent on the key (since the key would be out). all i need the latching relay to do is turn my fogs on every time i turn my headlights on until i cancel it by hitting the fog button again and then they will stay off until i re-activate them. i will never have my fogs on without my headlights (as that is illegal in california). additinally i can't just wire the power lead to the headlights as i have rewired my lights for JDM functionality. i figure i can wire to the diode bridge between my dual HID relay harnesses down stream of the diode (triggers for the relays)... that section sees voltage when either the lows or highs are activated on the oem switch... remember i had to do the work around to get the H4 wiring to control the H7/H1 pair correctly.

oakrdrs187
03-26-2012, 02:22 AM
^^^ I get exactly how your car works and ow you want the fogs to work, I did that to an Excursion to seal everything up with the alarm once it has been armed and all the windows/sunroof is open.

i will never have my fogs on without my headlights (as that is illegal in california).

Did not know.... Then why do some domestics with fogs and some Europeans allow for fogs with parks?

Domestic Ex. F-150, Ram, Silverado/Sierra, Tahoe/Yukon

European: MCBZ alot of platforms, Beemers, a few Jags.

I have yet to see a Japanese car that allows that from factory.

Reelax
03-26-2012, 04:26 AM
^^^ I get exactly how your car works and ow you want the fogs to work, I did that to an Excursion to seal everything up with the alarm once it has been armed and all the windows/sunroof is open.

Did not know.... Then why do some domestics with fogs and some Europeans allow for fogs with parks?

Domestic Ex. F-150, Ram, Silverado/Sierra, Tahoe/Yukon

European: MCBZ alot of platforms, Beemers, a few Jags.

I have yet to see a Japanese car that allows that from factory.

yes, my girl's ford escape is one of the cars that allows the fog lights to turn on w/ only the parking lights (headlights off), but just because a car can do something doesn't mean it is legal. remember CA has some crazy laws and i found a bunch of them when i was researching code years ago. another obscure law is that no more than 2 pairs of any combination of driving lights/fog lights/headlights can be on at the same time... meaning quad fogs r actually illegal in CA because you have to have the headlights on with the fogs and that would make 3 pairs (dual beam headlights are however considered as 1 pair instead of 2).

btw here is one of the CA Vehicle Codes for fogs:

V C Section 24403 Foglamps

Foglamps

24403. (a) A motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two foglamps that may be used with, but may not be used in substitution of, headlamps.

Amended Sec. 20, Ch. 451, Stats. 2003. Effective January 1, 2004.

in other words, if you have the fog lights on without the headlights on, you are using the fog lights as headlights... you cannot substitute headlights with fog lights... so the only legal way to have the fog lights on is in conjunction with the headlights. it simply is the kind of violation that would give a cop an excuse to mess w/ you or ticket... don't need that hassle.

oakrdrs187
03-26-2012, 07:18 PM
I knew about that law, no more than 4 driving lights on at once, which explains why manufacturers shut off fogs with high beams. But that othe fog only law is new to me.... not that I do it, I stopped doing that a long time ago when I saw more and more people do it. Especially since I di my bixenon retrofit I dont run the fogs period, the huge glare from them clashes with the clean projector light oncoming and on a wall.

Corey2kG
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Oh ok I get it. My bad.

Vince
08-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Wow thats nice and for 15$ only , I just installed some white hids into mine a day ago i like the look of the fog lights alot already.

02_DSM
08-17-2012, 05:05 PM
what do you mean by full control

finald8ta
08-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Complete control when you want your fogs turned on

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

spdracr
08-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Fyi Nissan altima has the option where u could turn the fog on without the headlight. That's the only Japanese car I know of that has that feature.

spdracr
08-18-2012, 08:58 PM
So since the trigger is the fog light switch. Can I wire it to the headlight switch so it would switch on when I turn my headlight?? Like reelax I also never turn my fog lights on without my headlights and I hate having to turn them on separately.

wetamup2k3g
08-18-2012, 09:40 PM
^^I would rather leave them separate simply because the fogs don't need to be on in good weather. I find that they add too much to the foreground light right in front of the car, diminishing your distance vision because your eyes adjust to the brighter light right in front of you instead of adjusting to the light being thrown further away by your headlights. I plan on running foreground limiters in my retro just so I don't run into that problem with the HID's in the projectors.

Just my opinion, your car, your TR-7 install.

spdracr
08-18-2012, 09:42 PM
I know what u mean. I still wanna hook it up to the headlight.

wetamup2k3g
08-18-2012, 09:50 PM
It should work that way I think, I don't know though since the headlight wire is constant 12V going to the unit as long as the switch is in the "on" position, where the foglight switch is momentary and only sends a 12V pulse. Following that logic you don't even need that TR-7, just use a regular relay and hook the 86 terminal to the headlight switch, 85 terminal to ground, 87 terminal to foglight wire to the foglight relay, 30 terminal to fused battery 12V. I think that should work fine.

spdracr
08-19-2012, 01:06 AM
It should work that way I think, I don't know though since the headlight wire is constant 12V going to the unit as long as the switch is in the "on" position, where the foglight switch is momentary and only sends a 12V pulse. Following that logic you don't even need that TR-7, just use a regular relay and hook the 86 terminal to the headlight switch, 85 terminal to ground, 87 terminal to foglight wire to the foglight relay, 30 terminal to fused battery 12V. I think that should work fine.

I'm not that good with figuring out wiring and relays and stuff. I'm good at following instructions. So if what u say will work for sure then I'll do that. Just need to make sure it's right.

Corey2kG
08-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Dis what said switch does
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/20120421_125743.jpg
N dis
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/20120530_082120.jpg

spdracr
08-19-2012, 03:33 AM
Looks good Corey but I definitely don't care much for just running fog lights alone.

So if u gurus can help me out I would totally appreciate it.

wetamup2k3g
08-19-2012, 08:26 AM
According to the Haynes manual diagram I have in my hand right now, on the 8Ga the headlight switch gets its 12V from two fused wires; the red/black from the engine compartment gives power to the high/low beam portion and the black/white gives power to the parking/headlight portion of the switch. All the switch's outputs go directly to either the front ECU or the ETACS ECU. From there the front ECU provides the grounds for the control sides of the low- and high-beam relays, much like the PCM provides ground for the injectors. It's worse for the 8Gb; the low- and high-beam relays are inside the front ECU.

So if I were to wire the fogs to the headlights I'd use the actual headlight wires to power the relay for the fogs since I wouldn't want to mess with the ECU's at all. For your new relay to do what you want, I'd wire the 86 terminal to the actual low-beam wire on the headlight harness, 85 terminal to ground, 87 terminal to foglight wire to the factory foglight relay, 30 terminal to fused battery 12V. I gotta draw it out to see if you'd need a diode anywhere in there to prevent backfeeding anything, but so far I can't see you hurting anything.

spdracr
08-19-2012, 09:59 AM
According to the Haynes manual diagram I have in my hand right now, on the 8Ga the headlight switch gets its 12V from two fused wires; the red/black from the engine compartment gives power to the high/low beam portion and the black/white gives power to the parking/headlight portion of the switch. All the switch's outputs go directly to either the front ECU or the ETACS ECU. From there the front ECU provides the grounds for the control sides of the low- and high-beam relays, much like the PCM provides ground for the injectors. It's worse for the 8Gb; the low- and high-beam relays are inside the front ECU.

So if I were to wire the fogs to the headlights I'd use the actual headlight wires to power the relay for the fogs since I wouldn't want to mess with the ECU's at all. For your new relay to do what you want, I'd wire the 86 terminal to the actual low-beam wire on the headlight harness, 85 terminal to ground, 87 terminal to foglight wire to the factory foglight relay, 30 terminal to fused battery 12V. I gotta draw it out to see if you'd need a diode anywhere in there to prevent backfeeding anything, but so far I can't see you hurting anything.

This sounds good to me. 87 goes to the relay black/white wire in the engine bay?? What size relay do I need?? Cuz I have spares from when I did the JDM headlight harness.

wetamup2k3g
08-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Yep, 87 would go to the wire finald8ta spliced into in the engine bay for the factory foglight relay, the black/white. As for sizes, I haven't gone that far into it to know what sizes to use, but I'm guessing any relay that can handle headlight use should work perfectly for this.

spdracr
08-19-2012, 12:22 PM
That makes 100% sense. Thanks

One more question. Ahuld I use one relay and wire it up under the steering column or should I should I used one relay tor each fog light and wore it up in the engine bay directly to the headlight harness??

wetamup2k3g
08-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Hold on, I'm tracing out the wires now, and I think I told you something wrong about the wiring to the fog relay under the hood. Give me a few and I'll come up with a diagram that should get it straight.

Edit: Okay I got it, instead of hooking terminal 30 up to 12V, wire it to ground, since 87 and 30 have continuity once 86 is energized by the low-beam wire it's spliced into, and 87 is wired to the factory foglight relay which is should be terminal 85 on that relay, not 30 like I thought it was. The Haynes has no terminal markings, you just have to follow the wires. So on your new relay, wire terminal 30 to ground as well as 85, 86 to the lowbeam wire and 87 to the factory fog. Good to go. Hope this helps bro!

Second edit: the one relay should be fine, in fact you can install it somewhere under the hood since it never has to come near any of the switches.

spdracr
08-19-2012, 01:21 PM
No problem. Take your time.

wetamup2k3g
08-19-2012, 02:32 PM
So here's the diagram:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7263/7817474912_2839fda353.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/62609790@N05/7817474912/)
SpdracrWiring (http://www.flickr.com/photos/62609790@N05/7817474912/) by wetamup2001 (http://www.flickr.com/people/62609790@N05/), on Flickr

And here the Haynes diagram I've been working from:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8297/7817475270_dbe12c9213.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/62609790@N05/7817475270/)
HeadlightWiring8Ga (http://www.flickr.com/photos/62609790@N05/7817475270/) by wetamup2001 (http://www.flickr.com/people/62609790@N05/), on Flickr

Click the links to get the pics as big as you need them. Hope this helps!

spdracr
08-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes this helps. I get overwhelmed by wiring schematics usually but this one wasn't that hard to understand. I will he installing this closest to the fuse box as possible for a cleaner install. I have a 40a relay with harness just have to remember where i have it stored, I will try to wire it up this week and see how it works out for me.

Ill let u know.

Thanks a bunch.

wetamup2k3g
08-19-2012, 03:03 PM
No problem! 40amp should be more than enough of a relay.

spdracr
08-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Sorry I went a lil off topic, hopefully this will help someone else if they're interested in doing the same.

finald8ta
08-19-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm ok with it guys, there's a lot of ways you can do it, I just chose this method because of what wetamup said,

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

CHICAGO_ONE
08-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I just used this method: Works fine for me. Im the type that always turns on my fogs anyways, so this does it automatically with the parking lights. Stock switch inside the car is now useless (i'll probably use that space for something later on: alternative switch, bass control knob, etc.)

Fogs do Not flash with the turn signal btw.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n144/DOWER_ONE/fog8.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n144/DOWER_ONE/2F1CDA68-A832-41F4-BC23-8E4FD257F61B-4090-00000643E467BBF4.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n144/DOWER_ONE/A6D81826-0B0C-4548-9F33-6F772419E3AD-4090-00000643EAD5CEDA.jpg

spdracr
08-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Now I basically will be doing almost the same except my trigger will be the headlight switch. But I also wanna be able to use the fog light switch to turn them off if I need to. I doubt ill ever need to turn them off.

finald8ta
08-30-2012, 06:27 PM
the only problem i have with the relay method is if you still have the switch in place and accidently press the fog light switch you will back feed the system and possibly fry something. so ether remove the switch of disconnect it.

just my 2c

wetamup2k3g
08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
^^I'm trying to figure out how so? It looks like the switch only sends a signal to the front ECU and ETACS ECU to ground out the relays, allowing the circuit to come alive. I would think all it does then if you're using relays is just provide another path to ground for the relays, which wouldn't fry anything, but my manual doesn't show the switch's circuitry.

spdracr
08-30-2012, 10:31 PM
^^I'm trying to figure out how so? It looks like the switch only sends a signal to the front ECU and ETACS ECU to ground out the relays, allowing the circuit to come alive. I would think all it does then if you're using relays is just provide another path to ground for the relays, which wouldn't fry anything, but my manual doesn't show the switch's circuitry.

Ill leave it up to u to figure it out. By the time I do it ill either disconnect it or wire it as u figure it out

oakrdrs187
08-31-2012, 01:24 AM
Relay method should not fry anything. Did that to my 3G, both 8G's (don't use fogs anymore because clash with retrofitted projectors) and I did it on a friends 8G. No problems at all.

gallant
08-15-2013, 02:51 PM
doing it

racevedo051790
12-11-2014, 10:26 PM
hey guys, so far i dont understand any of these schematics at all lol. electronics aren't my thing but i want to do the mod. do any of you guys have a step by step write up, or is there a easier way?

CHICAGO_ONE
12-12-2014, 10:05 AM
I might actually re-do mine this weekend. If I remember, I'll take pictures. The diagram I posted on this page is pretty straight forward.. just needs to route a lot of wiring from one side to the other.

I'm going to do IKorty's method and route it all from the fuse box and add a switch.

racevedo051790
12-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Yea it definitely is straight forward. I just need to see more pictures since I'm new with the electrical side of things. I appreciate it tho

Techn0Nut1996
01-24-2015, 06:27 PM
I want to use my fog lights with my parking lights but I'm not necessarily 100% confident in my ability to do the PAC TR-7. Is there a way to just tap into the parking lights (also the turn signal) and just run a new wire down to the fog lights and cut the Positive wire going into the fog lights then attach the new wire coming down from the running lights to the positive wire going into the fog light? I know it's kinda half assed but if it works thats all I care about. I don't really care about losing the switch to control the fog lights, I would prefer they just come on with the parking lights anyways.

oakrdrs187
01-24-2015, 06:40 PM
The circuit running the parking lights isn't designed to run the higher wattage bulbs of the fog lights. If know the difference between positive and negative I can show you how to do it safley with a relay from autozone.

PM if interested.

Techn0Nut1996
01-24-2015, 07:02 PM
pm sent!

pappy
07-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the info I was looking for something like this .