View Full Version : New Grill anyone?

Prophet
04-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Okay I know that this has been discussed plenty of times. But this time I am going to get it made for us. I need to know which grille you would like to get made. It will be made from CF. The design is what I am looking for. If you pick other style then I need a example or really good explination of what it should look like. If you can photshop it or get someone who can that would be great.

http://www.clubtgc.org/images/JDM_Galants.jpg

Dominicano
04-08-2003, 04:12 PM
i like the blue one if they were in chrome it would be better but what ever you got i will take. If you dont come through on this i will be modifying our USDM grille to look like that

Dilemma
04-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Diggin the silver/grayish one. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Prophet
04-08-2003, 04:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(domielover)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you dont come through on this i will be modifying our USDM grille to look like that</div>

I will coming through on this project. I will be honest though from the start. The production time on these grills alone after we pick a design will be two months alone. I can try to push it but I want quality over quantity.

Reelax
04-08-2003, 04:33 PM
ummm... the white, purple and grey are the same grill in different colors:
OE JDM '96-'97 JDM viento/vr4.
that's the same grill i have in gunmetal chrome (OE philippines).

http://www.raniworld.com/raaa/JDMday.jpg

the red is the one MOCHAGES has:
OE '98+ JDM viento/VR4.
(sorry 4 tha huge pic)

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/268000-268999/268570_48_full.jpg

the blue one is JDM aftermarket

VegasMatt
04-08-2003, 05:00 PM
I like the blue with the floating emblem in the middle.

Wintergalant
04-08-2003, 06:01 PM
I like the one that REELAX has

Black Magic
04-08-2003, 06:10 PM
what is a round about price that the grill would cost

24KGalantVA
04-08-2003, 06:42 PM
I like the red one myself

D03GTZ
04-08-2003, 07:28 PM
i would like the red one. i like the center piece a little wider than the others

Prophet
04-08-2003, 08:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(e_nutt09)</div><div class='quotemain'>what is a round about Â*price that the grill would cost</div>

I am still working on that. I need a design first.

pinoyesv6
04-08-2003, 10:09 PM
most of the grilles are pretty similar so can u give us a rough estimate on these?. also what kinda material will they most likely be made out of. finally from the time we decide on what design to make, do u have a time frame to give us. from this stage to making a prototype to finally having some to sell..?

ewgiii
04-08-2003, 10:17 PM
Here i go with another stupid question, but i'm assuming the grill made would be made for the 2000 type galant. How would 2002/2003 owners get something like this to fit?

Sarah
04-08-2003, 10:33 PM
It looks almost the same color as my car!!!!! lol no...i really like how the grill looks, but ewgii or whatever is right, how would they fit on 2002 +
http://www.clubtgc.org/images/JDM_Galants.jpg

Prophet
04-08-2003, 10:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>most of the grilles are pretty similar so can u give us a rough estimate on these?. also what kinda material will they most likely be made out of. finally from the time we decide on what design to make, do u have a time frame to give us. from this stage to making a prototype to finally having some to sell..?
</div>

True. Never thought about that. The finished product will be made of Carbon Fiber. I want to start that because I think it will sell better than just a plain fiberglass. Once I am done with my other projects I will get back to this one and get a fiberglass one made. Now I am not sure if they could just use the same mold for a fiberglass and cf. I am going to have to check on that.

Okay lets talk about time frame. Once we all decided on a design then I will start a GB. There will be a few things going on while the GB is going on but when I get my 10 guarenteed buys then research and development. Now I am not going to lie to anyone. This is the part that takes the longest. R&D will probably run two months. After R&D is completed then fitting and finale approval from me then things will run faster.

Now how the GB will run. This is only a general idea. Again I am going to be upfront with everyone. I will most likely be asking for a 25% deposit on the grill's upfront. During the GB I will only take serious members. When the GB ends I am going to ask for the 25% (non refundable) and use it towards helping me with production cost. Now normally and hopefully in the future I will assume all of the production cost but right now lets face it. My business is new and still very small. I can assume most of the cost but not all. So that is why number one. You have to make sure that you understand the time and patience this will take. Number two the seriousness that this will entitle. What you will get intern is a custom made limeted production CF Grill. No fitting issues and you will be the first ten in all of the good ol USA to get it (bragging rights). :wink:

pinoyesv6
04-08-2003, 10:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>Here i go with another stupid question, but i'm assuming the grill made would be made for the 2000 type galant. Â*How would 2002/2003 owners get something like this to fit?</div>

option one is to get a new bumper. either it be like a body kit or just one of the older 8g bumpers.

option two is to cut off the lil waterfall on the front of your bumper and fiberglass the hole it leave and then put in the grille...

Prophet
04-08-2003, 11:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>Here i go with another stupid question, but i'm assuming the grill made would be made for the 2000 type galant. Â*How would 2002/2003 owners get something like this to fit?</div>

option one is to get a new bumper. either it be like a body kit or just one of the older 8g bumpers.

option two is to cut off the lil waterfall on the front of your bumper and fiberglass the hole it leave and then put in the grille...</div>

What I have planned for this grill is to also incorpirate(sp?) it into a bodykit. I also have plans to getting a bodykit produced. That way if you get the kit you have the option of the grill or placing mesh behind it or whatever you want. Or you can do like what Pinoy said. Cut off the little waterfall.

Sowndwayv
04-09-2003, 12:02 AM
a new grill is deffinately a the top of my list..i'll be in depend on costs, im assuming it would be less than gettin a jdm grill over here?

Reelax
04-09-2003, 12:44 AM
hey thanks for resizing the pic or changing the link on my post (whichever mod did it)... i was lazy.

like i said. the white, purple and grey grills ARE THE SAME grill in different colors. there are really only 3 options listed.

i know i have seen that chrome floating emblem grill somewhere from my research, i just can't put my finger on where right now...

Sowndwayv
04-09-2003, 02:38 AM
i think its hard to decide on just a grill cuz the way the car looks is influencing me :oops: im becoming partial to the blue car i think just becuase i love that lip kit. ionno if this helps any, but heres just the grills

http://home.attbi.com/~sowndwayv/JDM_Galantsgrills.jpg

the white, purple, gray do look similar, does that mean all the votes for those will be totalled as one? i like the blue one simply cuz its more different than the others cuz it dosnt have that middle peace. the problem im having is im not sure how the purple grill will look on a black car, a big gaping whole between the headlights? :x maybe too dark to see well enough. if only those lip kits were readily available at reasonable prices :-

Dominicano
04-09-2003, 08:52 AM
now jason when you say that the 25% is not refundable elaborate on that will you. lets say you get your ten and shit hits the wall then we are not getting that back? or if you don't get your ten then we are not getting our money back either? i got to know because if i am giving you 25% or whatever amounts i want to know what to expect.

Prophet
04-09-2003, 10:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(domielover)</div><div class='quotemain'>now jason when you say that the 25% is not refundable elaborate on that will you. Â*lets say you get your ten and shit hits the wall then we are not getting that back? Â*or if you don't get your ten then we are not getting our money back either? Â*i got to know because if i am giving you 25% or whatever amounts i want to know what to expect.</div>

Okay here is what I mean. Once R&D starts there is no turning back. The grill will be made. During the GB everyone has the opportunity to say yes there in and still have the chance to get out. I will not collect any money then. Once the GB ends and production is in that is when everything is finale. I will use the certain percentage towards production cost. Once production has started there in no turning back. The grill's will be made.

The percentage does seem high now but the 25% is only a example. If we get more than the needed ten the percentage will go down because we have more members to split the cost. I also set the percentage high now because if I had set it to like 10% which I am shooting for then have to change it higher that won't seem good. I want to let everyone know what they are getting into up front and not leave anyone in the dark and keep everyone waiting and guessing.

Danger DANJ
04-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Definitely want the grill on the blue Galant. I can feel the money burning a hole in my pocket already.

HeadAche
04-09-2003, 01:12 PM
i like the blue one, its just different from the rest of the stuff..

Dominicano
04-09-2003, 01:21 PM
ok good, so now find out how much it would cost and if it takes 25% thats not a problem. we need people to be committed in this or else its never gonna get done. is it possible to get in chrome? maybe they know someone who can do vapor deposition on those grills.

Black Magic
04-09-2003, 01:39 PM
the one on the blue galant is tight. i would love one of those.

Sowndwayv
04-09-2003, 03:20 PM
that 25% or whatever it turns out to be would go towards our purchase of the girll right? its not an additional price to get these done?

Prophet
04-09-2003, 03:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sowndwayv)</div><div class='quotemain'>that 25% or whatever it turns out to be would go towards our purchase of the girll right? its not an additional price to get these done?</div>

No it is not a additional cost.

GNICETRY
04-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Blue one and then the red one

Jens Galant
04-13-2003, 10:41 AM
i really like the blue one also i think someone should photoshop that with some mess behind it. i also like the fact that u are makeing them out of cf i think it would look kick ass on my black g. depending on the price i would love get get a grill like that. my tax money however is going to a cai and exhaust (wonder how much im gonna have left over to spend)

tonivegas82
04-15-2003, 12:23 AM
The blue grill definately. And I know its a little off topic but I would also LOVE to see a USDM version of the lip kit on the same car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

Sarah
04-15-2003, 08:03 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tonivegas82)</div><div class='quotemain'>The blue grill definately. And I know its a little off topic but I would also LOVE to see a USDM version of the lip kit on the same car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.</div> I would too, that would be cool

Prophet
04-15-2003, 12:48 PM
Okay I worked out all the details for this grill. Here is the buy

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11701 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11701')