PDA

View Full Version : Turbos

greekgalant
08-24-2002, 02:15 AM
I haven't heard much on here lately about turbos...have any good deals come out or are there any good kits that are reliable/worth the money??? Thanks...also..does any1 know how our tranny's hold up finally?? do you think a stock tranny could handle 5-7 psi?

RedGalant2k1
08-24-2002, 06:53 AM
it CAN handle 5-7psi but i'd have money set aside for when it does finally go out from the added boost pressure, i'd recommend getting a Level Ten upgrade kit if your going FI.

www.LevelTen.com

As for reliable turbo kits?

Try www.DDynopower.com they sell a Stage 1 and Stage 2 Turbo Kit for I4 and V6 3G Eclipses/8G Galants.

greekgalant
08-26-2002, 12:45 AM
Does the dougs dyno kit fit perfectly?? Because I've heard that it has some piping issues...is that the best turbo to go with for our galant??

RedGalant2k1
08-26-2002, 04:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(greekgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does the dougs dyno kit fit perfectly?? Â*Because I've heard that it has some piping issues...is that the best turbo to go with for our galant??</div>

Not necessarilly the 'best' but its the most proven, you will probably have piping issues since the Galants engine bay is slightly larger, the layout is the same. You'll just need to have the I/C piping extended.

DJ Galant
08-27-2002, 03:30 AM
i know that dough's dynopwer kit is really good, but as far as install - let a pro do it....

burthold
08-27-2002, 09:56 AM
before you settle on dougs you may want to head over to www.neweclipse.org ('http://www.neweclipse.org') and do a search for turbos for your engine. There are many other optons from several other vendors.

Wes

Mitsiman
08-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Somethign not well known is that RPW also manafactures a turbo kit for the 8G I4 motors.

Speak to Vision Imports as they would be able to give you pricing. The kit is virtually suing the same components as the new 2.0 Lancer except for the manifld and dump pipe is made specifically for the 2.4 Galant but priced the same as the lancer kit.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

Auto-9
08-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Tell me about it https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif I got killed by two Lancers stateside that were running your turbos...oh the pain.