PDA

View Full Version : some questions about changing rotors and pads

2kgalant
04-09-2003, 07:24 PM
i really dont know much about brakes. All i know is that my rotors are warped and my brakes are starting to squeak. i have a 00 4 cylinder DE. I noticed the back has drums and front has discs. Do I have to buy pads for the front and back? Do i have to buy rotors for the front and back as well? I was told that i should get slotted & dimpled. They said that cross drilled cracks over time. Whats the best combination to get? Fucken mitsubishi and their crappy ass brakes :evil: anyways, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sowndwayv
04-09-2003, 11:16 PM
ur only gonna nead rotors and pads for the fronts

stormcruiser
05-01-2003, 10:43 PM
so what about the rear..... I know that it is different with the front disk brake but I don't know what is the needed maintenance parts for the rear drum brakes. Is it pad? I changed front pads months ago but Havn't done anything about the rear.....

pinoyesv6
05-02-2003, 12:30 AM
the drums in the rear also need to be maintained too. they don't do as much braking as the front but they are used so make sure to get them at least inspected. make sure that the shoes (the pad) for the drum brakes are in good condition and same with the drum itself. o yea, just like the rotors in the front, the rear drums can get resurfaced too.