PDA

View Full Version : Finald8ta other projects

finald8ta
01-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Ok so I'm helping a friend out
Car- 2001 eclipse
Car was auto then went turbo with dual ecu, shortly after he went 5speed,
car has been having a lot of issues since the swap, after looking over the dual ecu set up and seeing what was not working in EVO scan we narrowed it down to the wiring harness, I notice a lot of broken wires and a lot of sensors not working properly in evoscan, he then tells me he has a replacement engine harness from an 03 mt, I start pokin around at engine diagrams and what not only difference was fuel pump relays, I was wrong

I wasted week on trying to figure it all out and come to find out
After looking at wire diagrams between the 00-02 and 03-05 eclipse both engine harness are completely different same with the body harness,
You can't put a 03 engine harness in a 01 with out rewiring a lot,
So initially I need a 00/02 mt engine harness to make this all work
It's hard to explain but the pin outs to the ecu are the same it has something to do with the body harness and the way its wired up differently between the yrs,

So the new plan is to head to the Junkyard pull an auto wiring harness from a eclipse(00/02) or galant (99/01) and go this rout and wire in the EVO ecu,

Anyone looking to do a true swap to a 5speed I might have a engine harness from an 03 MT eclipse for sale. Once I pull it back out, EVO ecu will plug right in
I haven't gone over the galants diagrams yet but if they are the same as the eclipse I'm 100% sure it will all be PnP

Note- I'm not sure what yrs have the new style fuse box under the hood but a tip would be is you should have 2 fuel pump relays in the fuse box in the cabbin instead if it being under the hood, this is from looking at the eclipse diagrams
I'm assuming it might be yrs 02/04
Correct me if I'm wrong,

I'll post pics when I can
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

finald8ta
01-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Never made it to the yard but I did snag a mt harness from an 01 eclipse and got her to fire up,

I had to trick the mfi to get it running but when I put the mt ecu in the mfi relay are working the way it should... Gots to dig in further

Going to compare pin out for 04 EVO ecu and 01 eclipse ecu.
I kno for a fact that the EVO will work perfectly in an 03 eclipse....

finald8ta
01-21-2012, 06:16 PM
I could use some some.. when I plug in the 01 mt ecu the mfi relay works the way it should and im able to get in with ecuflash and evoscan, when I plug in the EVO ecu I get no power to the ecu, I checked pin out to both ecu and all is the same..

finald8ta
01-21-2012, 09:54 PM
For anyone who cares, she LIVES, got some issues to work out but other then that I'm done for tonight

Rach3T8G
01-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Pics?? We like pictures :)

finald8ta
01-21-2012, 11:22 PM
I'll see what I can do tomarrow I have a bunch to post up but no internet to load them to PB, ill take a few with my phone tomarrow. And maybe a video.

finald8ta
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/IMAG0017.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/IMAG0035.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/IMAG0159.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/IMAG0160.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/IMAG0161.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/FinaL_data/IMAG0162.jpg

Ok here some pics automatic converted to a full five speed and harness from an 01 eclipse I pulled for 20$
The 03 harness won't work due to different specs like diagrams, fusebox,
Currently running on the mt ecu flashed over from his EVO ecu Rom.
The EVO ecu for some reason will not work because its not triggering the mfi relay for the ecu to get power, but the mt ecu works,

Galantman03
01-22-2012, 02:12 PM
^in the evo ecu there are 2 to 3 immob issues you have to disable, I thought there was only two, in one table you put FFFF in for the hex code to disable it, and then in ecu pheripharies? (sp) you need to put a "0" to disable it on ecu flash, as far as the third one is, idk your best bet is isaurio. but thats your problem, the immob

finald8ta
01-22-2012, 02:31 PM
^in the evo ecu there are 2 to 3 immob issues you have to disable, I thought there was only two, in one table you put FFFF in for the hex code to disable it, and then in ecu pheripharies? (sp) you need to put a "0" to disable it on ecu flash, as far as the third one is, idk your best bet is isaurio. but thats your problem, the immob

I'm currently talking to isaurio threw email, the immob is diable from what I can tell

I'm still looking into it,
With the EVO ecu I'm not getting any power to the ecu unless I trick the mfi relay, with the mt ecu hooked up it works just fine but it won't start due to the immob, so I copy his Rom to the mt ecu.
And I was able to fire it up

finald8ta
01-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Ok nothing really to report car runs like SHIT, found out there's no knock sensor installed, gona get that sometime this week, and the egr silonoid is broken, good thing I have a spare from my intake swap I did, still need to hook up the manual boost controller, and run a new fuel return line, plug up a hole on the aem intake that's being used and put the air box back in,
And figure out a good base tune to keep it running,

If this is the shit I'm gona have to deal with when I turbo my G it's not going to he a fucking hack job,
Hopefully isuario i4 patch for the auto ecu will work out cuz that's the rout I'm going.

Rach3T8G
01-26-2012, 12:21 AM
I thought all eclipse's had a knock sensor installed?

finald8ta
01-26-2012, 04:38 AM
The motor been replaced, who ever did it didn't swap over the knock and broke the egr soloniod

Isaurio
01-26-2012, 08:46 AM
I thought all eclipse's had a knock sensor installed?

Yes they do. Galant dont. But it could be done. Port 90 in our pcm and needs to enable the sensor via rom. Very clean and works oem. I believe im the only one that have that mod with the stock pcm. Is a most big help when you tuning boost map or big maps.

finald8ta
01-27-2012, 09:41 PM
And she idles like a champ, pics and video I will get soon

Isaurio
01-28-2012, 03:54 AM
With what rom?

finald8ta
01-28-2012, 03:18 PM
With what rom?

Just the eclipse rim for now

finald8ta
01-29-2012, 06:43 PM
update, finally got the car to run, didnt take it for a drive due to knock sensor not installed yet, im currently running off the eclipse MT ecu with immob delete,
everything was running great till it reached 185* and i lost idle, no biggy, i was able to get it running, now i have some other issues to work out, like i think the stock fpr is(there is an aftermarket install as well) holding me back, because when i start it it starts to run lean,
im working with the owner and he plans to get an evo fpr and rail for me,

on to the evo ecu, ive gone threw eclipse and evo diagrams and stll cant figure out why the ecu wont power up, im to the point where im gona flash over the evo rom to the eclipse MT ecu and call it a day,

c3g is total waste of time no clear answers and some threads just rant on about others not knowing how to search, when theres no clear answer, at all to the thread, and on top of that half the posts have been removed,:097:

any info will help, to help me figure most of this out, i wouldnt mind an open disscusion about this ether

Isaurio
01-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Im glad somethings are working.