PDA

View Full Version : Rims & Tires on 6'th Gs

Rasko Da Gama
04-10-2003, 04:43 AM
I was wondering... I have 16" rims fited in to Falken 205/50/16 tires. On front of the car (both front tires) are slightly "pointing out" of the car, if you know what I mean... If I step next to front of the car, and look from "up" - down towards the tires, I can see that tires are for about 1/2 of an inch "out", they are not "hidden"... If I'd put 195... tires, it would be O.K. Why is that? I saw many Galants in here that had wider tires (215 or 225) on their 6th Gs and they wouldn't "point out" of the car...
Is this becouse of rims or is it something else... Here the law forbids that kind of "mods"... So is it the only solution to put 195 tiers or can I make "frontend" wider?

Help :cry:

[FIN]Teme
04-11-2003, 03:49 AM
get new wheels, with smaller ET u know? there are wheels that doesn't spread so much outside...(hard to explain in english https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Rasko Da Gama
04-11-2003, 04:48 AM
So you think this is the only reason... So I must get new wheels - DAMN!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

But strange - I have TUV for wheels - where it says that the wheels are A-tested for 1989-1992 Galants!!!

Hmm

Rasko Da Gama
04-11-2003, 04:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>get new wheels, with smaller ET u know? there are wheels that doesn't spread so much outside...(hard to explain in english </div>

Smaller ET? My wheels are 16" x 7.5 - so if I get 16" x 7.0 would it be O.K. (On the same tires)?