PDA

View Full Version : Dash, Hvac, right tail and corner lights?

Stegalant01
04-10-2003, 01:09 PM
Ok, Maybe I am just overlooking something.....I installed a new stereo the other day, and now my dash lights, Hvac lights, and right tail and corner lights dont light up when I turn on my lights....which is no fun at night time. The headlights work, as do the brake and turn signals. I checked the fuses, and the right tail was blown so I replaced it, but that did not do anything. I searched the forum, but could not find anything related to this topic, I may have not searched enough though. I am thinking that the Illumination lead from the harness of the factory stereo may need to be grounded, or plugged into a 12v dc source, but I would like any suggestions befor I go about messing with more wires......any input would help!

-Steve

pinoyesv6
04-10-2003, 04:49 PM
check your connections when u did the install. make sure u don't have a loose or cut wire that could cause problem.

Stegalant01
04-10-2003, 09:52 PM
I checked my connections.....everything is correct......thanks though
-Steve

Fishboy55
04-10-2003, 10:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stegalant01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I checked my connections.....everything is correct......thanks though
-Steve</div>

OK, seriously...I'm not being rude, but please use the search engine on this topic. I know I've seen it three times at least where someone blows a fuse when they put in a new stereo and it's always the same one. When you search, click the radio button that says "use all terms" if you have multiple words. I'm sure you'll find something. It might be faster than waiting for the right reply.

Allan, I can't believe you let this one by...You must be slipping... :laughing:

Auto-9
04-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Poor Allan...he's still in the help all mode. You probably blew a fuse. It's commonly the 10a one located under the hood fusebox, the one red one closest to the firewall.

Stegalant01
04-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the help.....tried all that, even took a multimeter to as many of the leads......but no cigar......guess I will be takin the car to the dealer in a while..... :evil:

-Steve

Ed
04-15-2003, 02:37 PM
I would try to ground the radio and see if that helps. It just depends on the radio, try that and see instead of spending money at the dealer. Its two bolts under the dash where you could ground it pretty good. Hope that helps.....

clone2020
04-15-2003, 06:56 PM
My Climate Control lights don't light up either. I checked almost every damn fuse there is. When you find the answer, let me know...

-Mike.

Stegalant01
04-22-2003, 11:16 AM
well....I figured out what was wrong.....kinda.....I but the stock stereo back into the car...blew a fuse...replaced it.....and now everything works the way it should......no more after market stereo for me....dont spend the time in the car any way......if any one is interested I have a 12 inch jensen sub in box...and a 400 watt amp with all the wiring....asking $100....later...

-Steve

Tiptronic
04-22-2003, 11:22 AM
glad to hear that your stereo works. nothing worse than driving around with no tunes

Reelax
04-22-2003, 12:59 PM
yeah fishboy and ralli are right. it's a fuse under the hood. i randomly blow that fuse but i have my corners pulling more than stock wattage. it's weird that it only shuts down the right corner and the interior dash and HVAC, but it did the same on mine. i don't understand why you would have to get rid of the stereo tho... just replace the fuse or tap from another power source.

clone2020
04-25-2003, 02:01 PM
WHICH FUSE IS IT?

-Mike.

Fishboy55
04-25-2003, 02:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone2020)</div><div class='quotemain'>WHICH FUSE IS IT? Â*

-Mike.</div> The one that reads infinite ohms across it when you put your meter on it. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

clone2020
04-26-2003, 02:24 PM
All the fuses appear to be ok. No breaks, bubbles, etc...

Do I have to pull out every fuse and check them?