PDA

View Full Version : blown headlights

99GalantOn18s
04-11-2003, 06:57 AM
wussup? man i dont know whats goin on but everytime i get a pair of headlights they end up blowing... i installed the apc h4 harness but the lights still blow... i'll take the bulb out and the lowbeam fillament will be burned... whats goin on?? they last like 2 months

pinoyesv6
04-11-2003, 08:02 AM
are you making sure that the bulbs you install are clean? a clean bulb will last longer than one that isn't

Dominicano
04-11-2003, 09:04 AM
but he said only the filament is burnt. if the bulb is dirty the bulb itself will pop. maybe there is too much current going to the bulbs. have you tried putting the stock ones back in?

2002-GeeTeeZee
04-12-2003, 08:42 PM
It's the quality of the bulb. These are probably those $9.99 xenon krypton "HID" bulbs of of e-Bay.. They are crap and will only last a very short time. The low beam is blown because that is what is used the most and these low quality aftermarket bulbs run at higher wattages than stock, i.e., 80W for low beam. Get Sylvania Silverstar. They have a very respectable and pronounced White to them, with a hint of blue.

Khopari
04-12-2003, 08:49 PM
may be u got your hand all over the damn BULB,,, read the WArning Sign,,, or he might got them cheap 10 bucks H4 Bulb,, get APC Super White i got em for 4 month now,, nothing wrong with it.........