PDA

View Full Version : Studder/Stalling after Filling with Gas.

04mojogt
02-21-2012, 09:16 PM
So i have had this Car for 2 weeks now. And i noticed that Every time i go fill it up with gas or half tank of gas when i go to start the car it starts and boggs and cuts off. Then it starts up again but i have to give it gas to keep it going. Go down the road and its jerking and all. However... Say i floor the gas it revs like normal accelerates and is fine until the next time i go to the gas station. Has anyone had this problem before? It does this no matter what station i use and i put 93 in the tank. Not sure what the previous owner ran. 2001 Galant ES V6. Also when the gas needle drops below half tank or it gets closer to E it starts acting crazy. Is the Fuel pump about to go? Body has 204K on it and i wouldnt be surprised if the pump does too.

Redhaze
02-21-2012, 09:33 PM
seafoam it

04mojogt
02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
seafoam it

I have Seafoamed the tank and the engine and added Lucas Injector Cleaner.
Still does it.

Redhaze
02-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Clean your filter/ Throttle body. check your spark plugs

04mojogt
02-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Anyone else? Or am i pretty much on my own here?

Redhaze
02-22-2012, 06:56 PM
i dont see what anyone else could possible tell you other then going to autozone to see if they can pull a code for you

04mojogt
02-22-2012, 11:11 PM
i dont see what anyone else could possible tell you other then going to autozone to see if they can pull a code for you

I have a Code Reader and it doesn't throw any codes when this happens. Everything suggested i have already done. I'm not at all slow when it comes to engines and things like that. My last car i did a 3.5 swap on my eclipse in my garage with the help of a friend. However out of all my cars i've had i have Never had this issue ever. For once i'm stumped and have no idea what is going on. I guess i will just get a new fuel pump and see if that stops. If not i think ill just set the thing on fire. I haven't had a fuel pump fail before i tend to just upgrade just to do it. So maybe this is the sign of a failing one.

I appreciate your responses though.

oakrdrs187
02-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Well if you say you are upto par with the tune up, try ohming out the injectors to see if they are within specs.

04mojogt
02-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Well if you say you are upto par with the tune up, try ohming out the injectors to see if they are within specs.

Checked those when i did the plugs yesterday they fire just like they should and have no leaks either. This only happens when i put gas in the car. Any other time the car runs perfectly fine with no issues or codes. Even when this happens i get no code. Maybe the gas cap isn't keeping the right pressure. Ill get a new one and see. Its hard to pin point since it only happens then and by the time i get home it has stopped and is back to normal.

IVORY_G
02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
I'd say just inspect all your fuel lines, fuel rails, and intake gaskets. It could likely be your Fuel Pump, but its hard to tell. You're not throwing any CEL codes?

04mojogt
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
I'd say just inspect all your fuel lines, fuel rails, and intake gaskets. It could likely be your Fuel Pump, but its hard to tell. You're not throwing any CEL codes?

Just Po300 during 5-6K Rpm. But if i clear it out and never rev past 5 it wont ever come on. Which also makes me think it could be fuel Related. Especially if ive changed all the ingintion parts.

oakrdrs187
02-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Well TBH it's no different than if it were happening to an eclipse. PO300 is a misfire code, did you replace cap/rotor/plug wires when you did the tune up?

I would probably do the fuel pump and strainer and see where Im at when the dust settles.

qnz
02-23-2012, 07:58 PM
is your maf disconnected? maybe reset your ecu by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes

oakrdrs187
02-23-2012, 08:18 PM
is your maf disconnected?

Or Clean?