PDA

View Full Version : o2 Sensor PIC attached...need confirmation

cscotty
02-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Hey all,

I hate to start a new thread for this but I havent seen any pics of this. I plan on installing this o2 sensor I had sitting around for 2+ months and just want to confirm that the connection is the same as ours. Im driving a 99 2.4l Federal Spec galant. I'd rather confrim here first than have to go under the car...oh yea, Im referring to the sensor near the catalytic converter. The pic is below.

Thanks,
Scott

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Ir_sUGBU11I/T0UvLRHjHUI/AAAAAAAABvE/FeSVQdFC7BY/s400/IMG_20120222_130707.jpg

cscotty
02-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Anyone? Just need to confirm that the connector is the same?

Thanks,
Scott

cscotty
02-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Well, perhaps Im gonna have to go outside in the freezing cold, jack up my car, and take a look myself :(

lol....seriously though, anyone :)

Thanks,
Scott

Rocketnut
02-28-2012, 07:21 PM
So I just saw this and since no one has answered I thought I'd try to help, however I have the 3.0 V6 so take that into consideration. That being said, that plug there is completely different than mine. Hope this helps.

SleekGTZ
02-28-2012, 07:34 PM
You don't have to jack up your car to see the connector since the connector is located under your seat. But then again I have a V6, yours could be different. But I can confirm that that is the same connector as my O2 sensor which I just replaced a week ago.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I replaced the O2 sensor located just after the cat converter.

00LeibyRacing
02-29-2012, 11:53 AM
its actually under your seat and another right by your gas pedal, i also have my carpet and all that plastic bullshit torn out to save weight so i can see wires etc. etc. i dont mindd.. but IFF its not too late and you didnt jack your car up already and was lost, it does look about rightt

Isaurio
02-29-2012, 01:21 PM
cscotty:

Thats the downstream o2 sensor. the connector plug is by the gas pedal on the right side a little more towards the center consil.

Thats not the main o2 sensor the upstream that's the one that is on the header. on the front of the engine. thats a different plug

cscotty
02-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Wow, 4 helpful posts in a row. Thanks everyone!!!

Rocketnut - Since you have the V6, thanks for your comment but Im gonna stick with the comments from the other two since they said the plug is identical.

Isaurio, Leiby, and Sleek - Thanks for the help. I didn't jack it up yet, but I'm gonna take a look after work to see if I can change it.

I'm guessing to change it I have to jack it up thought right? I have a hydrolic jack with two jack stands. Would all that be necessary or can I jack up only one side? Which side?

Thanks,
Scott

00LeibyRacing
02-29-2012, 04:25 PM
driver side front should be good enough

cscotty
02-29-2012, 04:32 PM
driver side front should be good enough

Good stuff thanks.

So, I ended up buying two of these sensors thinking they had the same connectors. I'd like to replace the sensor in the headers as well. Anyone know what the wire colors -ndocate so I can solder them? Anyway to tell by using a multimeter?

Thanks,
Scott