PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control stops working when headlights are on...

intermediate_noob
02-23-2012, 05:40 AM
For the last year I have noticed that in the morning I could never use my cruise control; I thought it had to do with the termperature. On a road trip last night (I don't drive my car much) I had my cruise on and everything had been find for hours, but once I turned on the parking or headlights the cruise control stopped working.

Does anyone have any quick and easy solution to this? Eletrical gremlins have never been my strong point. Thanks.

oakrdrs187
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Have you replaced your incandescent tail light bulbs with LED type?

intermediate_noob
02-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Everything is all stock; no LED bulbs.

Redhaze
02-23-2012, 08:53 PM
make sure none of your bulbs are blown and check your both filaments on the double filament bulbs too

oakrdrs187
02-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Check your fuses.

intermediate_noob
02-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I will check the bulbs, thanks.

As far as fuses go, the cruise control fuse is fine. Should I check others?

carl3g
02-24-2012, 01:33 PM
It wouldnt hurt to check all your other fuses. You never know, it might come across another problem or prevent one.

I think its in your bulbs. I know some missus act weird when their tail lights are either blown or replaced with leds.

intermediate_noob
02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
OK, I was lazy and just checked the bulbs by turning on the lights (do not have time to disassemble the back lights). What is odd is that with the lights on, all of the bulb filaments come on (all four lights). Turn signals also work fine; however, when I hit the brakes, the two inside lights completely turn off. The first filament that was on before actually turns off. The outside lights in the four function just fine. Do you think this is a bulb, switch, or other issue?

Redhaze
02-27-2012, 09:28 PM
replace the two inside bulbs

intermediate_noob
03-04-2012, 09:18 PM
replace the two inside bulbs

Thanks so much Redhaze! I replaced both of the bulbs today (they both looked fine, but apparently not) and now the problem is fixed! Thanks again for your help.