PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Problems

Whitewolfs26
02-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Well here are a couple problems/ things i need to do to my 9G galant. I need to replace the pass side mirror I know how to get to the bolts but I cant find the plug for the wiring unless your just suppose to hard wire it.

The other thing is my key for the car is beyond messed up still starts the car but all the buttons are missing cant use the keyless entry part anymore. So what I am wondering if I were to buy a blank Galant key and take the red pack out of the old one and put it in the new one will it work the same or is there another thing in the key that would prevent this from working because a 400 dollar key and program is not worth it.

The last thing is every once in a while the brake light will go on and pretty much right back off sometimes it does say on for a couple mins but will always go off. I have checked the brake fluid the E brake handle is all the way down. I'm really not sure what else to check.

If anyone can help with these problems please let me know your help would be much appreciated.

SPD_FRK
02-26-2012, 04:03 PM
When does the brake light come on? During an acceleration from a stop? I have seen a couple 4th Gens in the shop with low brake fluid that caused the brake light to come on due to the fluid movement under acceleration.

For a new key, it will need to be programmed for the immobilizer system or it will not start the vehicle.

Whitewolfs26
02-26-2012, 04:20 PM
With the brake light it normally does come on during acceleration and normally but not all the time turns off when slowing down. However, sometimes it does just come on whenever it feels like it there are times when I will be at a stop car in park and it will turn on as well.

Also thanks for the info about the key.

Did you know anything about the mirror though. Will I have to take off the door panel to get to the plug for the mirror? If I do, do you know how to take off the door panel because out of all things with cars that I hate the most is taking off the door panels I would rather replace an engine then do that I always end up breaking something. Also though do you know if I can just hard wire it by cutting the wires and wiring it that way where I can get to the wires? Thank for all your time and help.