PDA

View Full Version : COIL PACKS

DJ Galant
04-13-2003, 05:10 PM
I am planning on upgrading my ignition system. Does any body knows where I can get coil packs for 4g64????
Will the blaster (MSD) coil packs fit, also is there anybody out there with any kind of ignition controller or timing controller?
Did anybody tried MSD 6al on his galant?

Correct me, if I am wrong, we have 2 coils right?

FastNFabolous
04-13-2003, 10:34 PM
If you do really wanna upgrade your ignition, MSD is the only way to go if not Crane cams ignition. Call Jay @ Unique Motorsports or EVO speed motorsports about it Martin aight!

HeadAche
04-14-2003, 11:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am planning on upgrading my ignition system. Does any body knows where I can get coil packs for 4g64????
Will the blaster (MSD) coil packs fit, also is there anybody out there with any kind of ignition controller or timing controller?
Did anybody tried MSD 6al on his galant?

Correct me, if I am wrong, we have 2 coils right?</div>

Your right all your really have are just 2 coil packs. MSD is the only company that has an ignition upgrade for us.. I tried the MSD coil packs, and they fit with some minor adjustments.. Your best bet would be to contact Apex'i and use their ITC, which is a ignition timing control.. It helps me out because with the new turbo i was having really shit ass starts, like i would want to die right when is started it..

DJ Galant
04-15-2003, 02:57 AM
i did my own research and there is more than 1 copmay that makes aftermarket goodies for 4 cyl distributerless in general.

msd 6 al will not fit cuz it is strictly for distributor....but msd dis will.