PDA

View Full Version : 8th Gen Alarm Help

Rocketnut
03-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum and the world of Galants, just bought my 99 GTZ about a month ago. Last week I decided to put in my amp and subs, it still has the stock Infinity speaker system but the deck has been replaced with a clarion before I bought the car. Well ever since I put my subs and amp in the alarm has decided to go off randomly a couple times a day. Here is exactly what I did to install the subs: Ran heavy gauge wire directly from positive side of battery to trunk, ran 2 RCA cables from the deck to the amp, ran one small gauge wire from remote from deck to amp, and ran ground wire from amp to a ground post right by trunk light.

I haven't a clue why this would mess up my alarm?? The stock Infinity amp was bypassed when the people I bought it from put the new deck in so I don't think I could have messed that up. They guy I bought the car from said he put the alarm in, but the key fob says Mitsubishi on it so I kind of think its stock but who knows....

Any help would be great!

oakrdrs187
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
When you say the alarm goes off is it a horn honk sound or siren sound?

Rocketnut
03-02-2012, 01:56 PM
It's a honk just like a normal panic button. I call it an alarm because if you lock the car with the remote and then try to open the door it sets it off.

oakrdrs187
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Usually when this happens, either on a factory or aftermarket, one of the door triggers is going bad.

Rocketnut
03-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Do you happen to know where those are located, I'm guessing somewhere in the door cylinder...and is there a way to test them?

oakrdrs187
03-02-2012, 08:14 PM
They are the door pins located on the door-jam, on the car not the door. I would start testing those.

Rocketnut
03-09-2012, 11:16 AM
I have started trying those, but I'm not completely sure how to test them especially with and intermittent problem...are there some tricks to finding the bad one?

Rocketnut
03-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Oh and I have another bit of info, the other night I left the car unlocked thinking the alarm wouldn't go off because it would care if it 'thought' a door was opening, the alarm went off 3 times. Do you still think it's one of those switches??
Thanks for all your help btw!

Rocketnut
03-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Got 'er all fixed up! Finally figured out it had a hood sensor which wasn't making good contact with the hood. Repositioned it and now it's working good. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Also had to clean the mass airflow sensor and throttle body, thanks to TGC I had all the know how of what to do!

oakrdrs187
03-15-2012, 03:43 AM
Glad you got it working, I didn't realize the 8G had a hood pin otherwise I would have thrown it out there.

millerlite2224
05-25-2013, 08:32 AM
i wasnt aware of it having the hood sensor either were is it exacally cause im having the same issue. mine keeps going off like right after it sets it will go offi had to replace the dash in mine due to it being cracked and all and i noticed that i got a spark when i plugged the odometer back in and ever since then the open door light doesnt come on anymore. everything else works fine anyone got any ideas?

wetamup2k3g
05-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Not all 8G's have one, my first didn't, but the new one does:

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/wetamup2011/26df11bc-8228-4095-b96c-c4243a1da321_zps525a9022.jpg

There's where it would be if you have one. Hope this helps!