PDA

View Full Version : 8g v6 pullys

DarkTower89
03-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok I thought it was weird at first that the v6 had two idler pullys on the alt/comp belt. But when they both went out at the same time its almost imposable to find the pullys. At first I thought the pullys were the same so when I found them I bought 2, went to put them on and the one for the tensioner was right but the other was wrong had to put the bad one back on, I know right. I have checked every parts store/ web site with no luck in finding it. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Also trying to avoid the dealership if i have to the one out here isn't exactly helpful.

oakrdrs187
03-05-2012, 09:04 PM
try oemmitsubishiparts.com, they have diagrams to ensure you are getting the right part.

DarkTower89
03-05-2012, 09:12 PM
try oemmitsubishiparts.com, they have diagrams to ensure you are getting the right part.
Tried that site and couldn't find it.

oakrdrs187
03-05-2012, 09:16 PM
You could always get the part number from the dealer and search on the site that way, I too couldn't find it by browsing.

DarkTower89
03-05-2012, 09:22 PM
You could always get the part number from the dealer and search on the site that way, I too couldn't find it by browsing.
Did think about that and tried to look through the repair manual I got off of here to see if it listed the part number but with no avail. Also hate dealing with the dealership around here because every time I call/visit them they get really shitty with me because i am working on my own car and not having them do the work.

oakrdrs187
03-05-2012, 09:36 PM
just go in there pretending they are gonna do the work, tell them the pulleys need replacing and ask for an estimate with their labor, usually includes the part numbers. I hate when service writers get like that.

DarkTower89
03-05-2012, 09:39 PM
just go in there pretending they are gonna do the work, tell them the pulleys need replacing and ask for an estimate with their labor, usually includes the part numbers. I hate when service writers get like that.
Will do thanks for the help.

DarkTower89
03-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Ok i found the pulley, dealership wants $120-$130 for it and oem mitsubishi parts .com has it for $140 shipped. The pulley is listed under the A/C section (HVAC / AIR CONDITIONER & HEATER / CONDENSER, COMPRESSOR & LINES / IDLER PULLEY) kind of tricky to find but that is ridiculously priced for a pulley. Anyone have any clue were to get it at a reasonable price?

oakrdrs187
03-10-2012, 02:17 AM
$140, well unfortunately you gotta bite the bullet on this one. I would get one from a salvage yard because it would probably be all dried up.

dknight3
03-10-2012, 03:48 AM
not sure which pulley you are talking about but i got the idler pulley at carquest for like 60 or 80 i cant remember it was a long time ago.

M-Rod
03-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Looking it up at work right now and its part number 36272 @ carquest. looks like its $102

DarkTower89
03-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Looking it up at work right now and its part number 36272 @ carquest. looks like its $102
Thanks for the help picked it up at car quest this past weekend, works like new. kinda threw me off for a little bit because it didn't have a lip on it like the old one but it works fine so no big deal.

M-Rod
03-12-2012, 10:40 PM
No problem. Glad to hear you're up and running again.

DarkTower89
04-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Well after fighting with a very annoying belt wine (sounded like i was smuggling birds under my hood) figured out that my engine is racist against aftermarket belts. went through daco, drive right, gates, and goodyear. it didnt matter witch one was on there they all wined. finally got a oem belt from the dealer and the wine went away and has not returned. has anyone else had this issue, and what make the oem belt so special?

SPD_FRK
04-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Belt whine like you describe is typical of serpentine belts that are grooved such as the Goodyear Gatorback type belts. If the ribs on the belt are not solid on the entire belt surface these will most definitely create a whine type noise.