PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Maxima SE or 2001 Galant ES

Syntaxxed
08-04-2002, 07:56 AM
Well i'm planning on buying my first car in a couple of months, and i'm stuck between the Maxima and the Galant. I like the maxima because it's V6 has bose audio and more space, but the Galant is a newer car and the rear looks pretty nice.

I've also heard that Galant's do not have a way to open the gas door from the inside, is that true?

btw i'll probably be driving this car until i graduate college witch will be 2007 heh https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

BGR
08-04-2002, 08:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Syntaxxed)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've also heard that Galant's do not have a way to open the gas door from the inside, is that true?
</div>

This is true. You open it from outside the car by pushing the gas cover in.

This is a Galant club so don't be surprised if there are biased answers and some with sharp remarks. We're pretty passionate about our rides.

Tiptronic
08-04-2002, 09:42 AM
its funny that this post is up. currently my car is in the body shop, and i happen to be driving a maxima SE right now. the car is awesome. normally i can push the car up to about 90mph with it revving to only about 4500rpms. then when it goes back to drive, the transition is sweet. if i didnt have a galant, i woold get this car. sorry to say, but it does have more power than our cars. but i love mine anyway!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Shylynn
08-04-2002, 10:21 AM
i have a v6 galant and i love it i have never driven a maxima of any make so i couldnt give u MO on them, but i believe the maxima still have more power than a v6 g-ride, but looks wise nothing beets that galant, shes got some sweet lines! :sup: :cheeselove:

Syntaxxed
08-04-2002, 11:10 AM
are mitsubishi's pretty reliable cars?

Syntaxxed
08-04-2002, 11:43 AM
after looking at some of the member rides i think i decided to go with a Galant. I would rather have a newer car, and the looks of the car(especially the rear) is nice. I like silver the best. Another reason probably is because a 1999 Maxima will be 2 generations old by mid next year. If i had more money though, i would have probaby gotten a 2000 Max SE https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

J. T. Z.
08-04-2002, 12:35 PM
Go with a GTZ or V6 ES. Galant of course!

Mgalant99
08-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Silver is the way to go!!!!

Black2k1GTZ
08-04-2002, 02:16 PM
Depending on what you want to do with the car...I would go with a v6...but if a turbo is in your plans then go with the i4. I love my Black GTZ...but its a bitch to keep clean in the desert...all my AZ boys know what Im talking about with all these dust storms going on lately

:monkeypiss: dust storms

Marc :mg:

NRG
08-04-2002, 03:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Depending on what you want to do with the car...I would go with a v6...but if a turbo is in your plans then go with the i4. Â*I love my Black GTZ...but its a bitch to keep clean in the desert...all my AZ boys know what Im talking about with all these dust storms going on lately Â*

Marc :mg:</div>

Hey, just curious, why go with an I4 if going turbo? Why not v6? They have turbos out for that too......

pinoyesv6
08-04-2002, 03:11 PM
if you are worrying about driving this car til u graduate. uhm you should also look at the conditions of the car. not just looks and peformance. i mean whats the point of having a car if you won't be able to drive it since its in the shop. pick the one that is in better condition and just make sure to take care of it since u don't know the kinds of stresses the previous owner laid upon it

08-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Also, you have to see how much you'll be paying for your car ... since maybe a new one makes more sense. You can take advantage of the 0% thing.

This board may not be a good place since we all drive Galants. Try edmunds, where they only thing they post are complaints.

Syntaxxed
08-04-2002, 04:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KingUltra)</div><div class='quotemain'>

This board may not be a good place since we all drive Galants. Â*Try edmunds, where they only thing they post are complaints.</div>

will do...heh i just found out edmunds had a board, never noticed the "Town Hall" thing before.

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
08-04-2002, 04:37 PM
GET A GALANT ES V6 ITS IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN :!:

Black2k1GTZ
08-04-2002, 06:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Depending on what you want to do with the car...I would go with a v6...but if a turbo is in your plans then go with the i4. Â*I love my Black GTZ...but its a bitch to keep clean in the desert...all my AZ boys know what Im talking about with all these dust storms going on lately Â*

Hey, just curious, why go with an I4 if going turbo? Why not v6? They have turbos out for that too......</div>

Reason being is becuase you can just take the manifold from an eclipse turbo and bolt it right on...with a v6 youd have to buy a whole setup which will be alot more expensive...but you could go v6 if you really wanted too...

Marc :mg:

RedGalant2k1
08-05-2002, 02:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Depending on what you want to do with the car...I would go with a v6...but if a turbo is in your plans then go with the i4. Â*I love my Black GTZ...but its a bitch to keep clean in the desert...all my AZ boys know what Im talking about with all these dust storms going on lately Â*

Hey, just curious, why go with an I4 if going turbo? Why not v6? They have turbos out for that too......</div>

Reason being is becuase you can just take the manifold from an eclipse turbo and bolt it right on...with a v6 youd have to buy a whole setup which will be alot more expensive...but you could go v6 if you really wanted too...

Marc, have you ever looked at the turbo manifolds from the 6G72TT motor in the 3kGTVR4? That *may* bolt up the same as the Eclipse Turbo Manifold bolts up to us 4-bangers.

A friend of mine had a 99 Max SE 5spd its mad fast but honestly the Galant feels much better to drive or ride in. Get a GTZ if you can those are the top of the crop :thumbsup:

quicksilver22
08-05-2002, 01:31 PM
I originally wanted a maxima because of how awesome they looked, but now i'm kinda glad I have my galant, Maxima's are nice to have, great to fix up, mileage is pretty good, reliable, wait a sec... too many good things , The galant is great though, everything except for the stupid gas mileage. Oh well, if ya get a galant, Silver is the way to go!

dre24k
08-11-2002, 12:24 PM
dont hate :twisted:
I painted them

Auto-9
08-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Well I wouldn't buy the Maxima for the same reason why I feel sorry for all them folks buying the new Accords...they're buying right before the redesign. Like our Sienna...we bought the top of the line every bell and whistle model and then two weeks later, they come out with the power sliding doors. Now it feels so stupid when we go pick people up and they're like what, aren't you going to open the doors for us? No, because we can't...it ain't powered.

BlueESV6
08-12-2002, 03:07 PM
Galant +'s
1. LOOKS!!! (100 mph sitting still)
2. RIDE!! (FUN to drive)
3. PRICE! (cheap)

Galant -'s
1. CRAPPY ROTORS!!! (warp)
2. Maintenance Costs!! (like timing belt, tune ups...)
3. POWER! (lacks power compared to other models)

Maxima +'s
1. POWER of the 6!!! (SCREAMS)
2. V6 has a stick shift!! (Makes driving exciting)
3. Options! (interior)

Maxima -'s
1. LOOKS!!! (especially the back)
2. REPAIR!! (ever look under the hood? engine's crammed in there)
3. MODS? (parts?)

:idea: my2cents

mochanges
08-12-2002, 03:20 PM
The maxima wins this one easily. There are a ton of parts there for it, and if you are considering a stick, that makes it even easier. The stick is really nice. Yes the rear end is kinda ugly, but not everyone thinks so, that's subjective. The car is built better and has a really nice stock suspension. It's funny that you bring this up because I am actually considering getting one.

-Mohammad