PDA

View Full Version : finding a power spot

Copia
03-19-2012, 09:57 PM
hey, im corrently connecting my Blinder and i need a power supply
for the on/off switch, i thought of taking power from the CD Player
but its knid of hard to take out my screen out,

can u please help me to find another power suplly?

thanks alot!

oakrdrs187
03-20-2012, 02:18 AM
The harness behind the 12v power outlet.

Palmz
03-20-2012, 05:30 AM
yeah i usualy use that but that will only stay on when the car is on. if u need full time power use the ignition

Copia
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM
there's something inside the car interior? something more closer
i dont need it to run all the time since the blinder is doing his job only at driving :D

mblood1
03-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Cig lighter is still a good choice. Only need to take off one or two panels and they pop off. You also might want to consider putting in a bigger fuse. Another choice is to take off the steering column (3 screws) and tap into ignition or accessory wire in the ignition harness.

oakrdrs187
03-22-2012, 01:25 PM
yeah i usualy use that but that will only stay on when the car is on. if u need full time power use the ignition

That would be fine for a radar/laser jammer.

Cig lighter is still a good choice. Only need to take off one or two panels and they pop off. You also might want to consider putting in a bigger fuse. Another choice is to take off the steering column (3 screws) and tap into ignition or accessory wire in the ignition harness.

No bigger fuse needed, most radar/laser detectors/jammrs use about 1A, it'll do more harm then good.

mblood1
03-22-2012, 02:15 PM
my fault i did not know what a blinder was. i actually wired a second 12v socket to the cig lighter and put the plug behind the dash and plugged a 3 way splitter into it. i have gps, radar and phone charger coming from it. leaves the stock socket open. Nice and clean.

oakrdrs187
03-22-2012, 02:28 PM
^In your case going from a 10A fuse to a 15 or so would be ideal.

IMO, outlet splitters, never clean. Especially once you plug things into it.

mblood1
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
i agree but all the wires are behind the dash zip tied together so nothing can be seen untill i take off the bezel and there is a spider web of wires bulging out

Copia
03-22-2012, 05:51 PM
aight guys, ill try to connect into the ingition.
how can i reach there? my current other blinder wires are going under the steering wheel
where the fuses are, so a + cable to the ingition will do the work i guess its close to it.
into what cable(color) should i connect with my blinder + wire?