PDA

View Full Version : suspension help...?

g96nt
08-24-2002, 08:36 PM
now's your chance guys.... I'm looking For help =0]

hey guys... .I need Some help...(imagine me Asking For help, huh?)
Very soon, I'm going to re-do the suspension.. seing As I haven't Touched it since '99 =0/

I'm keeping the pro-kit, and replacing the struts/shocks..
anyone have "honest" Reviews?

I don't want the "my Friends buddy has some yellow Shocks That glow in the dark" review...

I really liked The Setup I had.. but If someone thinks highly-enough of another.. let me know.

I had gr-2 up Front for a sturdy, but gentle city-ride.. and AGX in the rear For The Stiffer ass When I needed it (auto-x, and drag-racing)

I'm probably going to add the lower Tie bar... and *POSSIBLY* a gs sway-bar.. but I doubt It

what's everyone's opinon?
anyone have a place with Good prices?
I don't have to get everything in one place...

2True
08-24-2002, 11:32 PM
I'm trying to figure out what it is you want here Craig. Sounds to me like you have a pretty nice setup already, what do you wnat to change exactly?

KYB is (IMO) one of the best aftermarket brands on the market... that's available for the 7G anywayz :roll: . I had Tokico Illuminas on my Accord before and those were friggn' sweet! I have not heard that they make them for the 7G, at least not in the front as far as I know. I like my AGX's all around, they are really nice, like having 8 struts in one. Best price for those is at tirerack.com. :wink: Trust me I've looked.

Tried to find Tokico's that would work on the front of the 7G but I found nothing :cry: Maybe you could be more successful than I was (honestly I didn't look to hard because I was pretty set on AGX)

I have a fabricated lower TIE bar on my G now, works well but not to pleasing to the eye :? 3 3/4 of steel pipe flattened at the ends and mounted. :thumbsup:

I hope I'm helping.... What kind of ride are you looking for? Stiff, Soft, City, Highway, Dragstrip?
You say you're keeping the Eibach Springs right?

HiperSilver
08-25-2002, 12:33 AM
wow never thought id hear craig say that.
but id get some AGX all Around, go to nopi.com its like 14 bucks for shipping and they have good prices, or buy mine, they are used for like a day but im assuming u want brand new. I mean im sure u liked your setup but wit the agx's instead of teh gr2 and the eibach prokit that would prolly be the best setup, i mean for one u can customize whether u want stiff, soft, drag, etc. Thats my personal opinoin. you have a sweet setup now, only think that would make it sweeter is get rid of teh gr2 and get the agx. thats about all the help i can give

Mazarin
08-25-2002, 01:59 AM
I like my G-2s on all corners.

I had to get used to the ride, but everything also softened up after a bit. I got them off of NOPI for something like $45 and $47 a strut.

After my big deal in the spring goes well, I want to get all the swaybars and urethane bushings.

Lord willing http://www.eclipseforums.org/images/smilies/sweatdrop.gif

g96nt
08-25-2002, 08:08 AM
after spending 2 hours in CAPS.. I found out that The front sway-bar from a 2g gst will fit our galant.. so We Can use them With no problem

*BUT*
in checking, I could not find myself a rear swaybar

I found the stocker from a '97 Es.... but it's not the same As a gst, or GSX

SO... I may end up using the RMDSM Front bar.. and a ES rear...
unless someone knows a better rear?

I have a feeling the independant suspension puts *TOO* much Stress on each corner, and blows through shocks/struts Too quick.

the Rear passenger has been blown for Almost 2 years...and now the rest Are following it...

I was looking Fo you last night on AIM pete.. but no luck....
brand new would be good... but.. if you need to sell them... I'll proably do that...

Who was it That bought the coil-overs I posted on the ol' TGC?
have you installed Them?
I'm Actually thinking about getting them, and just using the rear 1/2

laters guys!
*2nd quarter bonuses Are next WEEK!!!!!*

Dark Anghell
08-25-2002, 01:38 PM
I have AGX all around and I love the stiff but at the same time smooth ride. But if are planning on installing coilover as well then I would suggest going with tien or something like that. I've checked the part numbers for rear struts on eclipse and galant...they are the same. I don't remember about the fronts...but the mounting is pretty much the same. My friend is using Tien HA (oh I wasn't suppost to talk about my friend...sorry Craig) on the car, and the ride is really nice no matter how much you lower the car. Plus they are 16 way adjustable instead of 4 like the AGX.

QnzMostWanted
08-25-2002, 03:29 PM
I personally like AGX all around...but every person has a different feel they want for their cars....

HiperSilver
08-25-2002, 09:12 PM
i honestly wouldnt get the tien ha or ss or any other complete systems unless they are made for the galant, sure eclipse coils will fit but the spring rate is prettyy damn different.

2True
08-25-2002, 10:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiperSilver)</div><div class='quotemain'>i honestly wouldnt get the tien ha or ss or any other complete systems unless they are made for the galant, sure eclipse coils will fit but the spring rate is prettyy damn different.</div>

True, and the front struts most likely won't fit either without some custom work. Don't F around with suspension guys, it will come back and bite ya in the ass later.

HiperSilver
08-27-2002, 03:47 PM
ye i learned my lesson

bstnsportsfan
08-29-2002, 12:53 PM
Moved to Customizing your 7g.

g96nt
08-29-2002, 02:40 PM
eeeeeaaaaaasy killer...

2 weeks it sits Over there..... now it's moved..?