PDA

View Full Version : Front Grille

mitsu_sport
04-15-2003, 12:28 PM
Whats up guys, I was wondering if I can get a white front grille somewhere for my 99 ES or is it adviseable to paint the chrome one that I have? I saw a galant on TGC somewhere and it looked great.

Ghost Beat
04-15-2003, 12:31 PM
there's a regular black one for sale on ebay, someone posted a link to id say justget that and paint it. i dont think there's painted one's available state side, but i could be wrong id say get a second one so if you do mess it up by chance you still have your original one around.

Jeff
04-15-2003, 07:10 PM
paint the chrome one you have...it's not that hard...just rough up the chrome finish before you use WHITE primer...put as much time and effort into it as you would put into painting your car. You have it easy...I have that pearl white and had to order matching paint from www.paintscratch.com ('http://www.paintscratch.com') It was off by a shade or 2 until it oxidized...took a couple of days to come damn close to the car color...I'll post pics tomorrow.

Sarah
04-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Didn't the GTZ grilles come color matched. If so, see if you can order one

Supernova
04-15-2003, 08:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsu_sport)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whats up guys, I was wondering if I can get a white front grille somewhere for my 99 ES or is it adviseable to paint the chrome one that I have? Â*I saw a galant on TGC somewhere and it looked great.</div>

*points to sig* :wink:

Just cut out the slats with a little drill or dremel(sp?) tool. Thats what I did. Then just painted it(with clear coat) and put the mesh in behind it.

Jeff
04-16-2003, 07:18 AM
if you don't want to cut out the bars and just paint one...click on the link on my sig...second page has a couple new pics...the last one was an error on my part that should give you an idea on how the painted grill looks.

seattlesuperman
04-16-2003, 05:12 PM
check out andysautosport.com they have this there for less than $28 and just have it painted

Jeff
04-16-2003, 07:09 PM
that's only the mesh...not the grill. 28 bucks is way too much to pay for something you can get at home depot (aka gutter mesh) nice try though, it was a good find. I have yet to look through all the stuff that site offers us.

m1k3 r0ck3t
04-17-2003, 12:11 PM
does anyone know the price of the GTZ grill? i want to get a black one, cut the slats and use the wire mesh. i'm just looking for a rough price...

pinoyesv6
04-17-2003, 11:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m1k3 r0ck3t)</div><div class='quotemain'>does anyone know the price of the GTZ grill? i want to get a black one, cut the slats and use the wire mesh. i'm just looking for a rough price...</div>

new? from the dealer. about 120-200 depending on where u go. for an aftermarket look alike, about 60-80 dollars. but most chances ur still gonna have to get it painted.