PDA

View Full Version : Weird window issue

DTP
03-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Okay guys, I think my passenger window is either hormonal, or getting old. Basically, it'll work perfectly fine, and then outta nowhere, it seems to just stop. It'll go halfway up, just a, little... It varies. Wait 5 or 10 minutes, and it goes up fine like nothing even happened.

I've also found I can "help" the window up about half an inch or so. Pull it up, and the motor catches up to it.

What is it? Bad connection?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Sleepervr-4
03-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Sounds like the window motor is going out on you but I had a similar problem and it turned out to be water getting in the master window switch and corroding the passanger window contact on the master switch. I figured this out because the window would act up when I tried to raise it on the d/s but would be normal on the p/s switch. If both sides act up you can narrow it down to the window motor or maybe the regulator is getting jamed. Best thing to do is test both switches to see if both sides have the problem. If they do remove the door panel and make sure the regulator isn't binding. If it isn't then add direct battery voltage and ground to the window motor to see if it acts up. Just switch the power and ground around to make it go up and down. If it does act up it's safe to say the motor is on it's way out and have it changed.

oakrdrs187
03-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Window channels could be dirty, a good cleaning and lubricating always helps weak old motors get the windows moving.

suad618
04-04-2012, 12:11 PM
maybe the window is not alligned so when the motor tries to get it up it might slip out of the track so thats another thing to check

deeznutz
04-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I got the fix it's called a hammer!!! Lol j/k sounds like the motor is going but try cleaning the tracks and greaseing all moving parts first and see it that helps

clebrowns88
06-02-2013, 05:52 PM
yea i got the same problem.. my passenger window wont go up or down now, before it would go up and down with the passenger side control only, then i installed a junkyard master switch, then a fuse 30amp square pink one, blew, causing all windows to not work, i just pushed the metal connections back together to complete circuit in fuse to get windows to work again, and i kept using the switch with the fuse just being pushed back together, causing it to not be able to blow if it needed to... which burnt something out... i tried new master and pass switch, new 30 amp fuse, and nothing will work.. do you think i burnt up the motor by pushing the connections of the blown fuse back together? thanks for any assisstance...

DTP
06-02-2013, 11:41 PM
yea i got the same problem.. my passenger window wont go up or down now, before it would go up and down with the passenger side control only, then i installed a junkyard master switch, then a fuse 30amp square pink one, blew, causing all windows to not work, i just pushed the metal connections back together to complete circuit in fuse to get windows to work again, and i kept using the switch with the fuse just being pushed back together, causing it to not be able to blow if it needed to... which burnt something out... i tried new master and pass switch, new 30 amp fuse, and nothing will work.. do you think i burnt up the motor by pushing the connections of the blown fuse back together? thanks for any assisstance...

It's possible. I'd just go ahead and replace the motor. Got mine for under $50 and installed in less than an hour, including goofing off lol

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2