PDA

View Full Version : Rear lower tie rod bar

Danger DANJ
04-15-2003, 02:07 PM
OK, I've seen a few of the 8G guys bought the OBX rear tie rod bar and on the box it says that they are for 95-99 Eclipses and 94-98 Galants, but they fit the 8G Galants fine. So, I've seen the same OBX bars listed for the Eclipses on Ebay for much cheaper than people have been paying for them as well as an even cheaper brand. I've also seen a Tanabe rear lower tie rod bar for the 95-99 Eclipses, but it's all one piece. Being that it's all one piece it would certainly be much stronger, but since it's not adjustable, I wonder if it will fit the 8G Galants? Hmmm.... Also, if anyone finds anymore rear lower tie rod bars for the 95-99 Eclipse, they should fit the 7G and 8G Galants.

wwangster86
04-15-2003, 02:40 PM
is this "tie rod" the same as the rear strut tower bar? Thanks.

Danger DANJ
04-15-2003, 02:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wwangster86)</div><div class='quotemain'>is this "tie rod" the same as the rear strut tower bar? Â*Thanks.</div>

No, the Galant can't even use a rear strut tower bar without cutting away at stuff behind the back seat. A rear lower tie bar would connect like the red in the pic below.

http://www.dangerdanj.com/tierodexample.jpg

Ed
04-17-2003, 08:19 PM
So the Galant only has one hole for the bar to go through...I was looking at these on ebay myself...so the will fit the 8G's....95-99 eclipse right?

Auto-9
04-17-2003, 08:24 PM
What's the purpose of the aftermarket tie rod?

Ghost Beat
04-18-2003, 02:50 AM
so whats teh verdict on this? 2g eclipse lower tie rods fit 8g lants ? i was just gona order the obx's i got my credit card sittin here, when i saw this i like the obx but if i can get some other companies like tanabe or if someone else makes em for the eclipse i might have to look into those as well especialy if its stronger and gives a firmer ride.

Danger DANJ
04-18-2003, 07:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phyxsius)</div><div class='quotemain'>What's the purpose of the aftermarket tie rod?</div>

The tie rod bar eliminates the flexing in the lower rear sub frame to improve stability and handling. By bridging the control arm sheet metal, it strengthens the suspension at a weak point and completes the suspension system.

As far as the 95-99 Eclipse bars fitting an 8G Galant, it should. Seeing that the 8G owners that got the OBX bar said that the box was labeled for the 95-99 Eclipse.

Ghost Beat
04-18-2003, 08:20 PM
good shit guess we lucked out again good ol eclipse comes to owr rescue for after market parts once again. where you gettin your's from danj?

Danger DANJ
04-18-2003, 08:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>good shit guess we lucked out again good ol eclipse comes to owr rescue for after market parts once again. where you gettin your's from danj?</div>

I'm still trying to decide which one to get. The OBX one is proven to fit, so I may just stick with that one. Then there is a non brand name one I've seen on Ebay really cheap. There is also one that Mach V Motorsports has which looks like a quality bar for $79. I like the fact that the Tanabe bar is one piece and would be much stronger, but since it's not adjustable, will it actually fit the 8G's? I'm also searching to see if there are any others.

Ghost Beat
04-18-2003, 09:38 PM
ya i think im just gona be goin with the obx myself hope they have em in stock.

Danger DANJ
04-21-2003, 10:23 AM
I found another one by Tenzo-R. Click Here ('http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=TNZ-LB3095RC&variation=&aitem=3&mitem=3&back=yes&dept=2986')

00GTZ00
04-21-2003, 11:18 AM
man for $40 I think I just found my next mod!! ( if it does fit )

Ghost Beat
04-21-2003, 12:45 PM
so far the only one ive seen that i would consider getting is the obx tenzo i dunno too many people who buy their stuff.

Danger DANJ
04-21-2003, 07:00 PM
I've heard of Tenzo before I ever heard of OBX. They are both, in a way, knockoff companies. They seem to make racing seats, mufflers, wheels, etc. that imitate the styles that the big name brands have.

Gizmo
04-21-2003, 07:54 PM
What's the purpose of the aftermarket tie rod?

The tie rod bar eliminates the flexing in the lower rear sub frame to improve stability and handling. By bridging the control arm sheet metal, it strengthens the suspension at a weak point and completes the suspension system.

So what does the rear sway bar do?

Auto-9
04-21-2003, 08:49 PM
So what does the rear sway bar do?

It helps your springs and shocks maintain proper tire contact with the ground surface. That's why changing the thickness (stiffness) of the stabilizer bar changes handling characteristics. But now I finally know what the tie bar does...