PDA

View Full Version : venom

J
04-15-2003, 11:32 PM
check it out.

whatcha think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33596 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2411200311&category=33596')

Fishboy55
04-16-2003, 08:41 AM
Well I think you should search the boards and other internet resources, but I can tell you I saw one dyno'd on a V6 Stratus, and the horsepower actually increased by 1HP with the Venom 400 disabled.

pinoyesv6
04-16-2003, 11:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well I think you should search the boards and other internet resources, but I can tell you I saw one dyno'd on a V6 Stratus, and the horsepower actually increased by 1HP with the Venom 400 disabled.</div>

yea. but i think the stratus is weird. remember with the AC? we disconnect the fuse and it loss power. i'd check out club 3g too since there will probably be mroe feedback on it

ok i got this from the 3g FAQ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The Venom 400 is a device which claims to improve non WOT performance by 20 to 30 percent. Sounds great right? All from a simple device you plug into the ODBII connection on your computer. Â*

Read what it does again carefully. When you don't have the car floored, acceleration is increased by 20 to 30 percent. When the car is floored, performance is identical. Â*

So what is it doing? Say you have the gas pedal at 50%. The Venom 400 tells the computer that you've really got the gas pedal at 70%. It "feels" like the car has more oomph, but it doesn't; the device is just fooling you into thinking your car is accelerating faster. You can get the same effect for free by pushing down on the gas pedal further, which is really all the Venom 400 is doing for you. Â*
</div>

so i guess for the most part it won't help u unless ur really light footed. but then a good pair of heavy boots would do the same thing for a fraction of the cost of the venom

J
04-16-2003, 11:06 PM
it's so funny...

venom racing has this great name and i even saw their venom drag car run that 7 sec quartermile at battle of the imports in IL last year.

i wasn't gonna get this. just thought hmmm....sounds too good to be true.

just need bigger boots.
:shock:

Lazarus
04-17-2003, 07:12 AM
Hey Guys that stratus was a 2.4L DOHC...4 banger. I don't think it's really effective by it self. Personally I think the module is like an accessory for Nitrous. All it does is hold the geat longer at WOT before it changes Gears which in turn gives you more time to speay that's just my $1.25