PDA

View Full Version : Centerbore question

Jimmy_318
04-04-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm a newbie so sorry if this is a dumb question. I did some seraching and it led me to different Generations... I'm buying rims and from what my friend said my centibore is 67.1 now what does that mean? I know my lug patterns 5x114.3. I'm getting 205/45/17 on stock height. Any comments on that? I know the perfect ones are 225/40/18 and 215/45/17's but I'm running out of money since YouTube lowered my earnings because my videos aren't getting as much views anymore =(

troubled4g64t
04-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Have you ever taken off your rims right in the center around where the axle nut is your hub sticks out about a half in. Or less this is what he means that size will matter if you find rims that have a smaller hub center the rim will not sit flat and will wobble if you buy rims that have a larger center they make rings to center the rim exactly you can get them from your local wheel shop.

Reelax
04-04-2012, 12:49 PM
what size are the wheels? diameter, width, offset, bore? get that info and we'll tell you exactly what u need.

qnz
04-04-2012, 05:50 PM
centerbore is the ring on the hub where the wheel sorta "mounts" on. Most aftermarket wheels, such as Rays, have a 73.1 centerbore. Meaning that Rays wheels can fit over your car's centerbore, but you'll need to get hubcentric rings to put on the wheels so that it can "mount" on the centerbore.

Some OEM wheels (some Nissan comes to mind) have a smaller centerbore than Mitsubishi so that if you mount OEM Nissan wheels, they will hit the centerbore and wont be mounted correctly

Jimmy_318
04-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Oh that thing in the middle... Sorry I don't know sh!t lol

Jimmy_318
04-05-2012, 03:18 AM
centerbore is the ring on the hub where the wheel sorta "mounts" on. Most aftermarket wheels, such as Rays, have a 73.1 centerbore. Meaning that Rays wheels can fit over your car's centerbore, but you'll need to get hubcentric rings to put on the wheels so that it can "mount" on the centerbore.

Some OEM wheels (some Nissan comes to mind) have a smaller centerbore than Mitsubishi so that if you mount OEM Nissan wheels, they will hit the centerbore and wont be mounted correctly

Oh that's very very helpful. Thank you very much. But I ended up not buying the rims because they looked too skinny 205/45/17's >___<

Reelax
04-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Oh that's very very helpful. Thank you very much. But I ended up not buying the rims because they looked too skinny 205/45/17's >___<

that's the tire size... so the tires looked too skinny or did the wheels look too narrow?

Jimmy_318
04-05-2012, 11:44 AM
that's the tire size... so the tires looked too skinny or did the wheels look too narrow?

They looked hella skinny lol I was staring at it and I knew it wasn't the right ones haha