PDA

View Full Version : my car wont start

bigbright
08-24-2002, 09:44 PM
my car wont start at all i think it is the alternator. It wouldnt start like a couple of weeks ago but it started like in a couple of hours so I didnt do anything about it. But today after I was driving I stopped the car and came back and the car would not start. All the lights and the radio work so I guess its the alternator. Does anybody know about how much it will cost to get fixed. Any help is appreciated.

TJC
08-24-2002, 09:54 PM
It could be the battery and not the alternator. If you can get your car jump started, then it's the battery. Even though the lights and radio may work, your battery may just be weak enough where there isn't enough cold cranking amps left to turn your engine over. An alternator is NOT needed to crank your car over when your start it up. Even with a bad alternator, if you have a good battery, you should be able to start your car and have it running until the battery dies.

bronxbombr
08-26-2002, 05:47 PM
u sure the starter aint takin a crap? If not it is the battery. chek it out dude.

pinoyesv6
08-26-2002, 09:47 PM
it might still be the battery. i mean the battery might just have enough power to power your acessories and not start ur car. i'd start off there. and yea i learned that the hard way

2True
08-26-2002, 11:10 PM
Good looking out guys, he posted in another shred that it was the battery. Everything is G2G with this prob. :thumbsup:

queball
08-27-2002, 12:46 AM
my car wont start at all i think it is the alternator. It wouldnt start like a couple of weeks ago but it started like in a couple of hours so I didnt do anything about it. But today after I was driving I stopped the car and came back and the car would not start. All the lights and the radio work so I guess its the alternator. Does anybody know about how much it will cost to get fixed. Any help is appreciated.
yea usaly wehn you driveing if that little battery light doesn't come on theres nothing wrong with the alt.. that light will nost generaly come on if the alt isn't charging..

Galant Ryder
08-30-2002, 02:30 AM
it could also be the plugs and wired. that was my problem. now its fine. i had replaced my battery a lil while ago so that shouldnt be the problem.

bigbright
08-30-2002, 08:39 AM
my problem was fixed i posted a while back it was the battery. It was like 6 years old.

95vegasgalant
09-01-2002, 02:18 AM
:twisted: But you said it wouldnt start when your turned it off and turned it back on that new battery is just putting more power to your starter but Ill bet you your stater is crapping out I have the same problem too the battery is good but good thing my car i 5 speed Bump start :twisted: What it is when your engine is hot the starter is hot too have you heard of that heat blankets for starter that the main reason for that part :twisted: