PDA

View Full Version : crazy noises

JSTATL
04-16-2003, 03:24 PM
If i turn my car off and leave my lights on I hear this wired sound like wires are touching metal somewhere. Some times the lights will flicker and other times they won't. Give me an idea of what could be causing this. :cry:
:evil: :x :? :shock: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

TWISTED II
04-16-2003, 04:51 PM
the sound is coming from your fuse box. that happens to me too. my buddy told me what it was, but i forget, haha. i'll try gettin ahold of him tonight and ask him what it was again. i don't think its bad or anything.

dogchainx
04-24-2003, 10:49 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JSTATL)</div><div class='quotemain'>If i turn my car off and leave my lights on I hear this wired sound like wires are touching metal somewhere. Â*Some times the lights will flicker and other times they won't. Â*Give me an idea of what could be causing this. :cry: Â*
:evil: Â*:x Â*:? Â*:shock: Â*:(</div>

:? I had a similiar problem since day one. However, its only if i have the car turned off but the electrical (radio, lights, etc) can still run (but nothing is running). It seemed like it was coming from around the throttle body?

Anyways, i haven't had any problems YET (eletrical fires, hard starting, dead batteries, lights flickering).

-Sean 8)

TWISTED II
04-24-2003, 11:30 AM
now that doesn't make any sense does it? haha, electrical stuff.....throttle body?? what would be clicking in yer throttle body, and why? its 100% in your fuse box. believe me. take off your fuse box cover, and turn your car to accesory, or wherever it does it, and you can feel one of the larger fuse on the left i believe clicking....its yer fuses.

Fishboy55
04-24-2003, 02:56 PM
It's actually a relay that's making the noise in the fusebox. I've seen this topic discussed before and that's what the determination was. Like Twisted said, I don't think it's going to cause long term problems, but I wouldn't leave the key in accessory too long, as the relay will eventually get scored and may cause problems.

TWISTED II
04-24-2003, 03:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's actually a relay that's making the noise in the fusebox. I've seen this topic discussed before and that's what the determination was. Like Twisted said, I don't think it's going to cause long term problems, but I wouldn't leave the key in accessory too long, as the relay will eventually get scored and may cause problems.</div>

ah, yeah, thats what i meant, a relay. but yeah, i knew it was in the fuse box. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

dogchainx
04-24-2003, 06:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>now that doesn't make any sense does it? haha, electrical stuff.....throttle body?? Â*what would be clicking in yer throttle body, and why? Â*its 100% in your fuse box. Â*believe me. Â*take off your fuse box cover, and turn your car to accesory, or wherever it does it, and you can feel one of the larger fuse on the left i believe clicking....its yer fuses.</div>

I did take it off, and i couldn't hear anything coming from the relays. I listened carefully for almost 30 minutes (it does it about every 4 minutes) and it was coming from the throttle body, i kid you not.

Thats why I was confused. Why would it come from the throttle body?

Or perhaps i've been struck on the head one too many times. :wink:

Anyways, I'm not worrying about it.

-Sean

TWISTED II
04-25-2003, 04:08 AM
where you from?