PDA

View Full Version : Shift Kit

brent-ralliart08
04-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Does anyone have an idea if there is a shift kit available for 9g's? im looking to do more things to my ride. i looks like my options are dwindling down here with not much left to order besides headers and supercharger. let me know id love to have harder faster shifts

carl3g
04-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Check with Kartboy. They have bushings that alot of people switch in place of oem because its a better feel. For faster shifts, get a short throw shifter. It lessen the travel of the shift knob making your shift faster.

Rach3T8G
04-18-2012, 07:34 AM
^ I think that only applies to people w/ a manual transmission.

M-Rod
04-18-2012, 09:10 AM
He has a 9g. Which means he has an auto, and yes shift kits are for automatics. Ever seen muscle cars with automatics shift hard and chirp the tires into each gear?

I don't think they are available for the F4A transmissions. I'm sure your best bet is the 6 speed manual swap that nobody has ponied up to do yet.

Sleepervr-4
04-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Here is a good place to start your search http://www.importperformancetrans.com/mitsubishiauto.shtml I've used the shift kits and end clutch upgrades on 3 of my auto setups before I converted them to manual. Shifting of the trans is more noticable but it will hold power and lots of it. If you like to drive in a straight line it's the way to go but I get bored easy so manual was a must for me at the end of the day lol.