PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

stock92
04-16-2003, 10:38 PM
I bought a base model 92 Galant about a month ago, and I have a few questions.

I have an auto trany, and when I slow down or come to a stop, it downshifts hard. Sometimes, when its cold, it's pretty hard to get out of park. I changed the trany fluid, and there was no change. I've seen a filter and seal replacement kit on the DSM boards, and was wondering if anyone has changed the tranny fluid filter.

It's burning over a quart of oil for every tank of gas. Has anyone swapped a jdm engine or eclipse engine into their 6th gen? I've bought honda engines from www.nippon-motors.com, and I see that there's choices a few choices for galants.

I've also been looking into swapping parts off a GSX to go AWD, does anyone have any info on making your own VR4?

Proud Galant Driver
04-17-2003, 10:22 AM
sounds like your tranny is junk, either rebuild it or swap a diff one in, or better yet do a 5spd swap.

stock92
04-17-2003, 05:17 PM
I can get a 5speed tranny. Has anyone done the swap? I'm sure it would be a pain in the ass to setup the linkage, and to get the shifter in there.

Proud Galant Driver
04-17-2003, 05:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stock92)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can get a 5speed tranny. Has anyone done the swap? I'm sure it would be a pain in the ass to setup the linkage, and to get the shifter in there.</div>

yes, but if u do it urself or get it done cheap, it will be well worth it. 6g with 5spd is nice. 8)

yeah, u will have to get linkage, pedal, and i think some other stuff besides the tranny to do the swap.

how much can u get the tranny for?

Tiptronic
04-17-2003, 07:04 PM
welcome to the family