PDA

View Full Version : Switch or Button Installation

VicDamone
04-17-2003, 11:54 AM
ANyone ever installed a switch or button in their 8G?
If so, ...easy? It looks pretty easy, seems to be place for the power, ground and accessory (whatever that mean) but anyway, lemme know? :twisted:

quicksilver22
04-17-2003, 08:06 PM
hey man, yeah, i installed three, u know where the storage bin is in our 8G? like right under the AC Controls, well, if you don't already have something there, u can do something like this,
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p352606ebf7c74d56908f7c0f8028a1f9/fcd9fd06.jpg

If not, just find an area where you wish to put the switch, cut, place, run power to it, along w/ a ground and connect your item u wish to be switched or buttoned, and voila, but make sure when you put the button/switch in, u don't cut or drill/dremel into something important, like an air box :shock:,

its not really that explanatory, but you get the gist of it i think

leadfoot
04-17-2003, 08:30 PM
was thinking about having my setup something like that exept for my nos setup

pinoyesv6
04-17-2003, 11:59 PM
mine are installed inside of the center arm rest. but i used to have them on that long ass panel for the center console. on the side, u know where the shifter is but where ur leg would be touching if u were sitting in the seat. yea there. i hate seenig aftermarket switches...it shows u have stuff installed in the car.

Wintergalant
04-18-2003, 12:00 AM
True that !!

VicDamone
04-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Looks cool, I agree with the idea about trying to mask the switch a lil but it looks cool anyway.

What did you fill the space with? It looks like some kinda black material between the switches, is that some kinda box you cut out holes for the switches?

pinoyesv6
04-18-2003, 02:40 PM
my third pocket is filled in also. i took a piece of thin plexiglass (u can use wood or whatever, as long as its thin) and sandwhiched it between the pocket and the trim.

this is how u'd wire it up. first u cut the material (plexiglass in my case) to fit between the pocket and the trim. then u cut the holes and mount the switches. then u remove the cetner console trime. the pocket is held in by four brass colored phillips head screws. remove that and the pocket will come out. then i took the pocket adn drilled a small hole in it to run the wires. i ran the wires thru the pocket and to the switch. then u just sandwhiched the plexiglass in between the pocket and the trim and screwed it back in

Jimbo
04-18-2003, 06:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quicksilver22)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey man, yeah, i installed three, u know where the storage bin is in our 8G? Â*like right under the AC Controls, well, if you don't already have something there, u can do something like this, Â*
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p352606ebf7c74d56908f7c0f8028a1f9/fcd9fd06.jpg

If not, just find an area where you wish to put the switch, cut, place, run power to it, along w/ a ground and connect your item u wish to be switched or buttoned, and voila, but make sure when you put the button/switch in, u don't cut or drill/dremel into something important, like an air box :shock:, Â*

its not really that explanatory, but you get the gist of it i think</div>

hey man, looks nice. what do your switches control?

Fishboy55
04-18-2003, 07:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>was thinking about having my setup something like that exept for my nos setup</div>

Switches good. Center console for NOS switch bad. The last thing you want to do is take your eyes off the road or reach to the center console when you throw that NOS. Mount the switch where you can reach it. If you were thinking about putting the arming switch there, that's almost an open invitation for a cop to check your trunk if you get pulled over. The center is fine for light switches and such, but I wouldn't put my NOS there. Just my .02.