PDA

View Full Version : Stock ABS

JesterheadGTS
04-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Whenever I start up my car (04 GTS), my brakes are extremely soft, like the pedal goes reaaally far down, but after a couple minutes it's normal. If I attempt to drive right away I'll be lucky if the car actually stops (seemed like it wouldn't the few times i have). So I usually end up having to wait a min or 2 before i can drive off, usually just enough time to warm up the engine a bit which yes, I know I should be doing that ANYWAY. I'm just curious if this is a normal thing or not. I've never known a car to do this.

Redhaze
04-26-2012, 10:31 PM
could be a vacuum leak
But most likely there is air in your system

deeznutz
04-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Not normal at all I had a similar issue with my caddy wound up replacing the booster it's that round thingy on the fire wall.

JesterheadGTS
04-26-2012, 11:04 PM
is it expensive to fix or easy/cheap? it works normal once the car is a little warmed up, never had a problem with the brakes other then right after start up.

oakrdrs187
04-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Is your ABS light on?

How's the fluid level?

Could be air in the system, bad booster, bad ABS module.

I would have that checked at a dealer, $90 diagnostic is little to pay for something as crucial as brakes not working intermittently.

9Ggts
04-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Same with my ford. Booster was replaced.

Not normal at all I had a similar issue with my caddy wound up replacing the booster it's that round thingy on the fire wall.

deeznutz
04-27-2012, 08:15 AM
There's a vacuum line that that goes to the booster so once you start it and its running for a bit it will build up pressure. I highly doubt that air in the lines is causing your prob because you'd have a mushy pedal all the time. You should have it looked at ASAP you don't want it crapping out on you wile your driving and loose your brakes totally.

JesterheadGTS
04-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Alright, I'll definately get it looked at as soon as I can. No ABS lights or anything, but I'll have a mechanic friend check it out for me, lemme know what he thinks. thanks guys.

Gotti
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
The abs tend to leak internally causing musy pedal all the time.