PDA

View Full Version : ECU Swap

mrg7243
05-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Alright so here is the lowdown I am doing a MT as soon as I get my BHM harness in. IN order to prepare I would like all of my pretuning issues figures out. First of all I would like to know how to disable the immobilizer as I am not so sure how to do it as it is a bit foggy for me. Also my plan as it may not sound the best to you guys I am going to flash a tephra mod to the ecu and just tune it for the N/A so I can use the mods such as the force pass and a few others. Will I be able to just flash it straight to my ecu? I would rather have this rom all setup and ready to go.

My ecu is a 2001 Eclipse 2.4 mt of course. The number on the ecu is MR514267 then underneath that there is E1T5784 H1 ZC 0814 incase that helps

The tephramod I would like to use is the 94170715.

So a quick cliff notes or recap I would like to know if that ROM will flash to the ECU and how to delete the immobilizer and certain codes so the ecu wont scan for them such as EGR and the Wastegate ones

spdracr
05-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Alright so here is the lowdown I am doing a MT as soon as I get my BHM harness in. IN order to prepare I would like all of my pretuning issues figures out. First of all I would like to know how to disable the immobilizer as I am not so sure how to do it as it is a bit foggy for me. Also my plan as it may not sound the best to you guys I am going to flash a tephra mod to the ecu and just tune it for the N/A so I can use the mods such as the force pass and a few others. Will I be able to just flash it straight to my ecu? I would rather have this rom all setup and ready to go.

My ecu is a 2001 Eclipse 2.4 mt of course. The number on the ecu is MR514267 then underneath that there is E1T5784 H1 ZC 0814 incase that helps

The tephramod I would like to use is the 94170715.

So a quick cliff notes or recap I would like to know if that ROM will flash to the ECU and how to delete the immobilizer and certain codes so the ecu wont scan for them such as EGR and the Wastegate ones

I wish I could help but I say go to evolutionm and read their section about ecuflash I heard it is very helpful. I will be doing all that one day when I get to it.

finald8ta
05-12-2012, 11:44 PM
i have an 01 eclipse rom with the immob delete, i can send you that to get you started

underated
05-13-2012, 11:43 AM
ecu periphery0 (FAA) bit 3 should be labeled as immobilizer. change that from 1 to 0

underated
05-13-2012, 11:44 AM
or send me the exact rom you want to use and i will delete the codes for you.
b.young3183 at gmail.com

mrg7243
05-13-2012, 12:57 PM
I wish I could help but I say go to evolutionm and read their section about ecuflash I heard it is very helpful. I will be doing all that one day when I get to it.

Yeah I was searching out the ying yang but didnt find it. I dont think I used the right keywords.

i have an 01 eclipse rom with the immob delete, i can send you that to get you started

Thanks if I have to I will use the current rom on the ecu then delete it

ecu periphery0 (FAA) bit 3 should be labeled as immobilizer. change that from 1 to 0

Wow that was easy got it thanks!!

or send me the exact rom you want to use and i will delete the codes for you.
b.young3183 at gmail.com

I think I got all I needed but if I have any issues I will let you know. It was too simple I just overlooked it all

spdracr
05-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Did it work for u??

mrg7243
05-18-2012, 04:30 PM
I think I havent got my harness yet

spdracr
07-03-2012, 01:25 AM

So my ecu reads thanks to isaurio for making an XML for me. But I'm having a rough time figuring out how to find those values and change them.

spdracr
07-03-2012, 08:50 AM
ok so i added the periphery configuration to the base xml file and i opened ecuflash and loaded my rom but still cant edit out the immobilizer

here is what i get
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee131/spdracr83/Tuning/immobilizer.jpg

i spent hours searching this and got this far but now im stuck

Isaurio
07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Bro. Careful of what you put on the xml and value you change on ECUFLASH

That is the wrong memory location for your rom

Remember 99-00 ROM are H8 CPU- "YOUR ROM"
01-03 are SH CPU

H8 ROM periphery bits memory location starts at 0x272, 0x282 and so on
SH ROM periphery bits memory location starts at 0xFAA, 0xFBA and so on

I will send you new xml with the periphery for H8 ROM

outtatime1006
06-17-2014, 10:54 AM
I have a 5 speed swap in my galant but I don't think they did a harness swap what harness swap are u taking about the car has a bunch of tranny codes on it

spdracr
06-17-2014, 11:01 AM
I have a 5 speed swap in my galant but I don't think they did a harness swap what harness swap are u taking about the car has a bunch of tranny codes on it

Your codes from your tranny swap has nothing to do with the harness swap that was discussed in this thread. It's an ecu harness swap to swap from auto to manual ecu.

Sent from my Galaxy S4