PDA

View Full Version : Forum/Website to sell my Galant? Help.

Dreevy
05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry if this is not the correct section for this thread, but any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to selling my 8G Galant and I don't know if there is a forum section for that on this website. I couldn't find any. If there is, please tell me. It would help out a lot!

Or if in general you know a good website to help me sell my car, I would appreciate that also.

Thank you very much! :orangesmile:

oakrdrs187
05-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Your post count isn't high enough to view the 'marketplace' section of this site.

You can also try posting an ad on Craigslist or Autotrader.

Good luck with the sale.

Dreevy
05-10-2012, 10:42 PM
How many posts do I need? And once I can view the Marketplace is there a section for selling cars?

I already have an ad for the Galant on Craigslist, btw. Just trying to advertise some more to get a quicker sale!

oakrdrs187
05-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Honestly if you want to up your post count just to try and sell something the whole deal starts to seem very shady. If you aren't having luck selling the car you are probably asking too much. Because with these gas prices and shitty economy more people are resorting to gas saving used cars rather than new so selling a G should be an easy task if the price is right.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

tamim13
05-11-2012, 06:38 AM
How many posts do I need? And once I can view the Marketplace is there a section for selling cars?

I already have an ad for the Galant on Craigslist, btw. Just trying to advertise some more to get a quicker sale!

Craigslist is your best option. Since you're in VA, you should be able to sell your Galant easily enough. As oaks mentioned, the price has to be reasonable enough, the G doesn't have a great resale value. You can also list it on autotrader.com and cars.com. eBay is an option, specify local pickup only.

CHICAGO_ONE
05-22-2012, 01:22 PM
I sold my old 8G through Ebay, yet the buyer and I handled it one on one to avoid eBay fees.

Just sold my 240sx on Craigslist without a problem.

I bought the 240sx from Autotrader.

Craigslist - Autotrader - Ebay as everyone so far mentioned will do the trick. Just be fair and within the KBB estimate.

joseph_2880
05-22-2012, 03:17 PM
I actually bought my 8 g off craigslist. Just call the dmv and give them the vin and they will tell you if its a repo, lean, or stolen. But how many post do you need? because ive been a member for a while now and i still cant us the marketplace.

wetamup2k3g
05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
^^30 days, 50 contributing posts (not in the off topic forums, they don't count towards your post count).

I bought my current car off craigslist, very positive experience. It helps if you're the first person to contact the seller, at least in my experience. I found my car five minutes after the guy posted it on CL, so I was the only person who ever got a shot at it.