PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Galant Dash Rattle

Knight55
05-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi Everyone. I am new to the forum and wanted to ask a question. I bought a new 2010 Galant SE almost 2 years ago. From the beginning I have noticed that the front dash board has rattles in several places. I have been able to minimize some of them but some of them are hard to localize because they appear to be coming from deep within the dash board. Also, these noises appear to be temperature dependent where some will only be heard during specific times of the year. The quality of the plastics used in the dash board appears to be somewhat cheap. Is it normal for a Galant dash board to have rattles? Should I try to localize and minimize every rattle or learn to ignore the ones I can't fix? Thanks in advance for any responses.

tamim13
05-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes even the rental that I've driven used to rattle. It seems like it rattles in winter more than normal. My 8g also rattles, I just turn the music up and ignore the rattles, although I've tried various fixes over time.

I would suggest, if you have the time, to use some sound dampening material and take your dash out and try to fix whatever you can, but it'll be a pain for sure.

Knight55
05-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks for your response. I will try to eliminate the rattles that I can and learn to ignore the ones I can't eliminate.